Hacking Question about Moonshell and sorting

HylianHero1220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded Moonshell, it does work, but whenever I start, there is a little error message, it goes away too fast before I can read it, what should/can I do and what may I be doing wrong? Also, do I need to rename all of my files to sort them alphabetically with the tool given in the FAQ, considering all of the ROMs begin with their 4 number code? Thanks ahead of time.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The message that pops up during Moonshell loading is normal. If there is an actual error, that message will stay on the screen.

The DSTT will display the roms in whatever order you copy them to the microSD. So if you want them sorted by filename (alphabetically, or numerically if they start with the rom number), then yes you'll need to use the tool to sort them, or use the following "trick":[*]Create a new folder at the root of your microSD card named "games2".[*]Go into your "games" folder (or wherever you keep your .nds files).[*]Do a "select all" then "cut" (CTRL-A, CTRL-X).[*]Go to your new "games2" folder.[*]Do a "paste" then "select all" then "cut" (CTRL-V, CTRL-A, CTRL-X).[*]Go back to your (now empty) "games" folder.[*]Do a "paste" (CTRL-V).[*]Delete your "games2" folder.Since none of the files are actually moving off of your microSD drive, they cut/paste very quickly (it really only updates the filenames in the file table).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT