Hacking Question about Luma3DS

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

While reading Plailect Guide, I've seen that Luma3DS seems to be a SysNAND-based CFW.

Will I be able to install cias, playing online etc without problem?
Could I update it to 11.0?

Thanks

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks.
But is it safe as an EmuNAND? I mean, couldn't a update break the CFW (even though there's no exploit needed since the CFW is installed)?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes it's safe.

What A9LH does is install itself before boot, giving you access to Brick protection/NAND restoration, payload chainloading (boot programs before home menu), and NFIRM protection allowing you to have the console on latest Firmware without loosing the HACK.

Consider this as an EmuNAND on the console instead of on the SD. (Hence Custom FirmWare SysNAND).

mogwaimon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also wanted to check along these lines, because I just finished installing Luma through that very same guide and now there are certain games that won't work due to low firmware version.

So we can indeed update our sysNAND after installing Luma without overwriting A9LH/Luma? Or do we need a separate emuNAND for post-9.2 applications?

If we can update sysNAND, which I believe you said we can, is there a certain way that one has to do it, or do we just flash the update through the normal methods for an unmodded 3DS? Just in case, the 3DS in question is an Old 3DS XL.

mogwaimon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks. I've had JTAGed Xbox 360s and such before so I'm used to jumping through hoops just to update the console. Glad to see it's much simpler on 3DS, thanks for your prompt response

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It took quite some time, but now the 3ds scene has progressed to being (almost) perfect.

Some might argue it won't be perfect until there is 3ds rom support, easier cheat support (easier than ntr cfw) or nds rom loading though.

Reactions: Samwix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different...