Hacking Question about infinity and OFW 6.61

xandhin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i have a PSP 300X. At the moment i can play PSP games from my memory stick. I m not sure if i have CFW or anything. When i turn on my system and go to system info, the version shown is 6.60. When i execute "fast recovery" on xmb menu, the psp retarts than it starts to show all my games in the card so i can play them (also system version changes do 6.60 PRO-C). I wanted to go permanent, if possible.

Should I (and can I) install OFW 6.61 over my system? (if enough information was provided...)

After that, i can just apply inifity and then i wont need to execute "fast recovery" every time i turn on my psp?

thanks in advance, best regards

Reactions: Alexander1970

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to run a permanent CFW you need to Install Infinity with a CFW of your choice. I looked around for a decent guide and this one looks pretty nice https://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/tutorials/how_to_install_661_infinity.html

Which CFW you want to use is entirely up to you. Personally I use ME on my PSP 2000 but it's up to you.

To answer your other question you can (and I think you have to) update to 6.61. Before you update your PSP though I would make sure I wasn't running any CFW. Since you're using PRO CFW you can just restart your PSP (turn it off and on) and you should be ok.

Reactions: Alexander1970

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be even simpler once Infinity v2.0 comes out. It makes OFW 6.31 obsolete, so there should be less steps.

Last edited by zfreeman,

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Sihuuu Taco Holder Stand set of 2 - Holds up to 3 tacos in each Taco Tray - Sturdy, Dishwasher and Microwave Safe https://a.co/d/6FFlct5 What kind of tacos are even in those racks
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's that, ham and cheese?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I often stick some ham and cheese in a tortilla and toast it but I wouldn't dare call it a taco.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I guess ice cream in a taco is still a taco
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    The product placement in the fantasy football movie is werid it starts out with a psp then goes to the series x
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a fantasy football movie?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I bet you can't believe it's about Madden
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I can't believe it's not butter.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Lebron James did help produce it so it can't be that shit right
  • cearp @ cearp:
    kennie'snewname is now the old name???
    +2
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Woah! Kenny has changed it name?
    +1
    @cearp, Hey there!
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I prefer it/idiots as my pronouns thank you
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Lol theirs a cheat code for 30/60fps for new pOKEmoNz for ryujinx
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    So to have echo auto you need your phone connected to BT audio then the echo auto connected to your phone
  • brouh @ brouh:
    Hey, how can i contact the admins to see if there is something blocking the views of my post
  • brouh @ brouh:
    alr thx
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @brouh if you can see it, then other people can see it too
    Got the new blue Christmas hat on my pfp
    K3N1 @ K3N1: https://youtube.com/shorts/oStfQ_9ajg8?feature=share