Tutorial  Updated

Install PSP 6.61 Pro-C Infinity Custom Firmware

Downloads Links

Uninstalling Infinity
  1. Download, Extract, Copy: folders, 'OFW' and 'Chronoswitch', to PSP storage.
  2. Boot: Chronoswitch (CHRONOSWITCH folder). X to proceed. X to continue. X to start updater.
  3. Start OFW update (UPDATE folder).

Troubleshooting

"A later version of the system software is already installed. There is no need to update."
  1. Copy version.txt into SEPLUGINS/ folder.
  2. Go to recovery menu. Enable Configuration. Enable version.txt
  3. Copy 6.61 OFW update into PSP storage (PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP).
  4. In PSP, install the OFW 6.61 update (not via Chronoswitch).

Before Installation

Downloads Links

Installing Infinity
  1. Update to 6.61. Remove any UMD from the disc drive. Deactivate or remove any plugins (.PRX).
  2. Download, Extract, Copy: folders, 'Infinity' and 'CFW', to PSP storage.
  3. Boot: Infinity 2 (UPDATE folder). X to install Infinity. X to reboot.
  4. Boot: CFW installer (PROUPDATE folder). X to install.
  5. Boot: Infinity 2. Press left. X to choose respective (*)CFW. PS button. X to exit.

Optional: 6.60 plugins on 6.61

Attachments

• 660_plugins_on_661.zip
    1 KB · Views: 2,289
  • PSPident v0.75.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,865
Last edited by zfreeman,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work for installing me 2.3 and how do u go about updating from 6.60? do u need to install 6.61 ofw first?

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend not using Infinity for PSP 100X. Use the Custom IPL (CIPL) flasher that comes with PRO/ME CFW.

Earlier Pro-C versions were buggy with official/unofficial PS1 games. Also, it supports .ZSO format for games. The PSP game Brandish: The Dark Revenant was the cause of the update, so I'm assuming it can't be played on 6.60 and below without version.txt spoofing.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249
http://wololo.net/2015/01/16/risen-from-the-dead-psp-firmware-6-61-is-now-available/

Last edited by zfreeman,

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for this tutorial. I just updated a PSP 2000 and a PSP 3000 to 6.61PRO Infinity.

Just one thing that was not clear to me.
You wrote Update to 6.61 OFW. Ok Did that, but after that the builder etc did not start. So maybe add the info, that you have to launch the (temp) CFW before you can continue.

Reactions: zfreeman

DSPresents

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I did. . Please help me if I made a mistake. I am kinda noob :).
downloaded
*PSP Infinity CFW [installer-1.0] [config-0.39],
*PSP 100X, 200X, 300X, & Go LCFW [6.61-PRO CFW-2015-02-14_MOD-2015-03-33-F] (I missed this the first time cuz it had psp go was kinda stumped where the LCFW thats it I think.) ,
*PSP 100X 200X 300X OFW 6.61.
*PBP,PSP 100X 200X 300X OFW 6.31.PBP,
Extracted them all into the root folder of the psp. I figered it would just put the files in the right spot cuz the folders are the same name and I was correct double-checked and they were in the right spot.
Booted up my psp then went to memory card and booted up 6.61 PROMOD-C2p VCFW (I guessed cuz the end of it was CFW) there 2 others with the same picture
Ran it then psp reset
Run Infinity Firmware Builder (this took a hour a 2. I got scared cuz it was at 40% for a long time. But it finished.
went to the maker folder (:\PSP\GAME\MAKER)
copyed DATA.MFC to FLASHER folder (L:\PSP\GAME\FLASHER)
Booted up psp again in memory card and Ran Infinity Firmware Flasher (didn't take that long)
It reboot but then ran the game for some reason in the psp it. make sure you don't have a game inserted and I didn't get a error cuz of this.
launched 6.61 PROMOD-C2p VCFW again it then reset
went to the memory card and picked Infinity Bootloader Configuration, in it moved to the left and there were 2 things. One was PRO CFW by Coldbird and the other ME CFW by near0n. I picked PRO CFW. I can always change it later if the other one is better.
Looked at zfreeman post and tring to follow the link.
Copied the plugins in the .zip and put them in seplugins folder.
Now I don't get what to do for number 2. there is no VSH.TXT, GAME.TXT, POPS.TXT files that I can find and am I supposed to put a space 1 after the 660_plugins_on_661.prx file?
Whatever I made a ISO folder in the root directory and put a ISO in it and it plays fine. Please help me if I made a mistake some ware that will do something. My firmware says 6.61 PROMOD-C2p infinite simble.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I havn't played my psp for a long time but if a game has online play can I play online with this? I dought online works now a days thou.
Also this firmware I hate how you enter text now. It was easier before.
I was guided here by some posters from another thread. This is one of the better firmware's right?

Last edited by deltax5,

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're fine. You did everything right. I should mention to remove any game in the drive. All of mine don't work, so I don't have that problem. Infinity Firmware Builder does take a while and it does look like it gets stuck sometimes, but I think that depends on the memory card you are using. The most vital step is running Infinity Firmware Flasher, as any mistake/interruption flashing to the PSP will brick it.

660 plugins on 661.prx is optional. It's for those that have additional plugins that haven't been updated from 6.60 FW to work on 6.61 FW. Since you don't seem to have those .txt files or additional plugins, you do not need it.

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
there is something wrong. The first game I put last night works fine. Today went to put some other games in the ISO folder and they show up as currupt on the psp but the fist game i put still there?
I think my sd card is bad. When I checked it the first time it had currupt files then formatted it with the psp then do this.
The games show up fine and right sizes when it's connected to the computer but when I check the folder I get a hole lot of currupt apps.

Last edited by deltax5,

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
Im thinking it's eather bad memory card since it had a currupted folder then formated it or bad usb cable cuz the data kept going down then back up again.
Or I did something wrong.
If I get another stick DO I need those Files for the firmware to run. Can I just copy the same files put them in the right spot without doing it all over again?

Last edited by deltax5,

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does sound like you have a bad memory card, those write speeds should not be fluctuating for just one file. I thought you were exaggerating when you stated that Infinity Firmware Builder took over an hour. It should not take that long. Format the new one in the PSP. You do not need any files as the CFW is in the PSP, independent of the memory card.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a bad card. it's old thou. Eather I got from the store or deal extreeme or maybe ebay, so long ago i can't remmember. I stopped ordering from there i was in some sort of craze.
Well I had a 256mb card and found a very small game plays fine made a copy of the file and loads both fine. it's prob the card.
Im going to try scanning it for bad sectores and try fixing it. Or format it with pc then psp.
If all fails im going to get one of those dual sd card memory stick adapters if it's compatible. im going to search first if they are.

>now I ended up formating it with the psp and loaded up my games only 3 games show the others currupt. I can't even save. says can't find stick when tring to save. Save works fine on the one game i have on the 256mb stick whitch is a scan disk. I think
im just getting a adapter with a sd card maybe 64GB or more if it can handle it. Can't even find any sticks or adapters local have to resort to amazon. Real 32GB sticks are hella expensive and I hope the adapter is better.

Last edited by deltax5,

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I got my new card which is a 64gb sd card with adapter. Everything working out fine. Someone in another fourm told me that I should of went for 6.60 firmware instead, it has better capability for homebrew and plug ins. ohh well since I have a psp 2001.
So far everything is working but states_menu_pict_v1.06-2 and tn_savestate_plugin_v1 which are save stat plug in's which is a bummer. kinda wanted to do it but not a big deal.
I don't know about themes but there is a theme pack on youtube for 6.61 firmwares. I never use themes
what is working are
GAME_CATEGORIES_LITE plugin which works . this allows to put your games and other apps into different folders. Some people use this if they have lots of games and apps they split them up into folders so it doesn't load as much and reduces loading times.
CWCHEAT: allows you to put cheat codes. some games crash like twisted metal head on for some reason. I got this from searching cwcheat 6.61 on youtube.
Tempar: works but crashes more then the cwcheat did.
POPSLOADER I don't know if it's working cuz psp plays ps1 natively and there is no menu stating that pops is on. All my ps1 games work by the way.(I have to change the control settings for mvc 1 cuz it don't have r2,l2. I just loose the 3 button press, which is cheating anyways.)
Emulators:
SNES9xlcm 04.2 mod Rev. 26 works, SNES- Snes9x Euphoria r5 b3 works but some games crash or get glitchy), MVSPSP 2.3.5 works(finding the right roms are a pain), PICODRIVE works,daedakusx64 works(it's a psp some games lag)NesterJ works, gpsp kai works, Masterboy v2.10 works
HOmebrew:
the 4 homebrew zelda games boot up. didn't get a chance to start the game.
Wagic boots up
cavestory boots up
All my psp games boot up fine and play fine

I really don't need anything else thou. I hear you get better results with firmware 6.60 with plugin's and homebrew, but so far happy with this prob not going to change it. THis is mainly for 3000 and the go models so i hear.
I am sorry for scaring you people about my bad memory card problem I had. I got a new card everything is back to normal.

Last edited by deltax5,

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
I found CMF_R21d works. with the memory manager it can save stat. I had it crash one time so far so be warned. it works most of the time and it does other stuff. Took many hours looking for information about it. you hold the music note to activate it.
gtavcs cheat device24 and LCSCheatDevice make sure there the 6.60 versions to work.

Last edited by deltax5,

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there updated tutorials anywhere for how to make custom themes, gameboots and cintros for 6.61? Or at least download them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...