Question about ''Header'' Games?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TheMaster11, Mar 1, 2015.

1. TheMaster11
    OP

TheMaster11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    good morning to all , I wanted to ask for information about a Header in backups 3DS .
    I wanted to ask , I have one backup of the legend of zelda ocarina of time and one of Nintendogs + cats , are all two of 4Gbit , I wanted to ask if I can use these to comfort one of two header ( 4 Gbit ) other backups more large ( for example, 16 Gbit and 32 Gbit ) or there are problems ? if I try to patch the backup header with smaller (like my 4 Gbit on a 16 Gbit ) what happens ?

I wait and thanks

Header question about games , Private

2. GeBeCluck23

GeBeCluck23 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2012
    United States
    The filesizes should not matter. The only thing that matters is that is has a valid header from a PHYSICAL copy. If you used a ROM you downloaded online, you can't use that. You have to specifically backup your own game and use a header (any header, it can be any game, it doesn't even have to be an online capable game) from that.

3. Loke

Loke GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    There are quite some tools released, but i still use the old hex edit method. It can require some trouble shooting but if you play a bit with the hex codes all games work. When a game gave an error i just loaded the rom again and changed the code, till it worked properly. If you found your chip code it shouldn't take too much time.

[HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Again, there are easier tools to use. i beleive the gateway patches has an option for headers, but i still like to manually edit them.