Question about Hardware and Firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WildXX, Oct 16, 2015.

1. WildXX
    OP

WildXX Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Finland
    Hi guys, I have an O3ds Xl on 9.9 and I want it on 9.2 to use CFW and I already know that's impossible on my condition, but there's a friend of mine who have an broken Xl(upper screen and shell) for at least a year (by some info I've gathered, it may be on 9.2 or below) So, I would appreciate if someone could clarify for me if swap the mainboards will be possible to acquire the result I want without problems or if there's some kind of hardware or software restriction?

2. tuck_kor

tuck_kor Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2011
    Malaysia
    That would be very high risk, and if anything gone wrong, that's it dude. Better buy a new 3dsxl and sold the one with higher firmware

WildXX likes this.
  3. tjhooker73

tjhooker73 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
  4. WildXX
    OP

WildXX Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Finland
    I really can't buy a new one because I'm living in Brazil and the price of one (used or new) with lower firmware is too expensive ( about 3 or 4 times the price of a 9.3+) and to import is not an option here, most of the sites don't send to Brazil and the ones who do pays government taxes. But, thanks anyway.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah! That's all I need! Thank you so much for your help, Bro!