Hacking Question about FTP

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question dealing with FTP. I have FTP on my PS3 and FileZilla on my pc, File zilla is correctly configure and I see the folders inside my PS3. I am using the newest Giai Manager and my question is this. I see the HDD0 folder I open that up and see a folder called game. Then there is suppose to be a folder in there called BDrips or something. But on mine I do not see this folder. I want to transfer using FTP but not sure how to go about it since I do not see this folder in there. Di i need to make the folder ir just transfer the game into the game folder?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are using Gaia, there are 3 possible folders :

All new Backups managers usually ask you if you want to use the first "historical" used folder from "Backup Manager 1.0".
It's a way to retain the backward compatibility and prevent you to re-dump all your games to a new folder if you already have dumped them to that folder.

On the first boot, Gaia Manager will ask you if you want to use "Laun12345" folder to store your games.
That folder is the BM1.0 folder and it's located here :
dev_hdd0/games/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/

All your official installed games data, PSN content, and homebrews install to the "games" folder and create a folder name based on their gameID.
Backup Manager has a gameID of "LAUN12345", and use a sub-folder to dump your bluray games to HDD.
The problem is that GAMEZ being a sub-folder of "backup manager 1.0", if you ever delete that backup manager all your dumped games will be deleted at the same time.

So Gaia Manager can use another folders :

If you answered "no" to "to you want to use laun12345?" question, then the games will either be saved to :

dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/
if you use the "gamez" version of gaia.

dev_hdd0/BDRIPS/
if you use the "bdrips" version of gaia.

If you use the laun12345 and want to stop using it, I think there's a button combination to reset the path. (I don't remember it, it should be something like R2+Start, or something like that. read the readme or changelog)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-