Gaming question about flashed dvd drive

kirakills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i flash my DVD drive with the newest ixtreme lt, since my console is not flagged or any thing, would i get banned if i play only retail games online and burned ones offline? thanks

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
check your games with abgx for ssv2 and splitvid, then you can play safely on xbox live
biggrin.gif

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea pretty much, providing your security sectors arent flawed when you burn your game
Check wit abgx, like the above guy said.
If it is flawed, then ur console will get flagged for a ban and will get banned in the next ban wave or maybe sooner.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to say while bad burns/rips are the most likely cause there could always be another "fault" with the hacked firmware.

Also offline/online- I would not count on it for anything.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm seriously considering flashing mine, but since I don't have a DVD-DL burner it's currently a no-go. Plus I'm frightened as Hell of getting banned because if I do...uh-oh.

kirakills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanks, but i got another question, i flashed a wd2500bevt on my onboard sata for my 360 with no problem, will i be able to flash my dvd drive with my onboard sata?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hard drives are a different beast to 360 DVD drives.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php -> via or later Nvidia and you are almost certainly in. Others are considerably less certain/likely although it does vary a bit between drive models as to what works and what does not. The Hitachi is the only one you can brick flashing it though (all the others you just try writing again).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1