Homebrew Question About Exploits

Xandrid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I was wondering can there ever be a Xenoblade Chronicles exploit? Cause that's one of the few games I own and I wouldn't be against using it or any of the other games I own to get to homebrew.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, lemme just pull an exploit out of my back pocket here.
This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen on GBATemp. Maybe someday we'll get one, but as stated above one does not simply 'make' an exploit.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xandrid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Sure, lemme just pull an exploit out of my back pocket here.
This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen on GBATemp. Maybe someday we'll get one, but as stated above one does not simply 'make' an exploit.
It was just a simple question no need to be sarcastic and mean about it

Reactions: Returnofganon

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most exploits rely on a buffer overflow in the name.
So a to long name for the character could lead to a crash.
If then you can put a payload after the name and make the CPU jump to it to execute it then you'll have an exploit.

In reality, I don't think it'll ever happen for Xenoblade.

Xandrid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Most exploits rely on a buffer overflow in the name.
So a to long name for the character could lead to a crash.
If then you can put a payload after the name and make the CPU jump to it to execute it then you'll have an exploit.

In reality, I don't think it'll ever happen for Xenoblade.
Ahhh ok thank you for clearly that up for me

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was just a simple question no need to be sarcastic and mean about it
There is no point in asking if an exploit exists for a game if it hasn't been announced as having one yet. There's no game, app, whatever that you can just randomly pick that will 100% have an exploit in it, and no developer who can actually find exploits is going to go "Hey, this guy with 32 posts is right, we should look at GAME_X". Exploits are found as they're found, there's no point in making posts like this because they just attract trolls and lead to no progression in the actual homebrew community.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahhh ok thank you for clearly that up for me

No prob~

There is no point in asking if an exploit exists for a game if it hasn't been announced as having one yet. There's no game, app, whatever that you can just randomly pick that will 100% have an exploit in it, and no developer who can actually find exploits is going to go "Hey, this guy with 32 posts is right, we should look at GAME_X". Exploits are found as they're found, there's no point in making posts like this because they just attract trolls and lead to no progression in the actual homebrew community.

Still no reason not to be nice and just explain them why.
Even if it has been asked a 1000 times over.

Patience young grasshopper.

Xandrid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Holy crap I was just asking, gezz I'll delete the thread since your so butthurt, dang

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I meant to be sarcastic (that's one of my core personality traits) but rudeness is not. Let me explain why this the dumbest thing I've ever heard on GBATemp.
1. You don't just 'make' an exploit for a game. Most games (ahem Cubic Ninja or VVVVVV) will have very solid security checks in place to prevent getting taken over, especially a first party game like Xenoblade 3d.
2. Console security. Even if you do manage to find a weakness in a games security, the 3ds itself (or any modern day console period) is not just going to let you take it over. For one, the XN (execute never) feature of the ARM processor isn't just going to let you run whatever code you want, wherever you want. I'd recommend reading write-ups of exploits, such as ninjhax, supermysterychunkhax, the 32c3 3ds conference, or V(*)hax to get a better understanding of why the 3ds doesn't want to get taken over.
I'll finish later, as there are a number of reasons at the present time that I can't now. Check back later.

Xandrid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I'm sorry. I meant to be sarcastic (that's one of my core personality traits) but rudeness is not. Let me explain why this the dumbest thing I've ever heard on GBATemp.
1. You don't just 'make' an exploit for a game. Most games (ahem Cubic Ninja or VVVVVV) will have very solid security checks in place to prevent getting taken over, especially a first party game like Xenoblade 3d.
2. Console security. Even if you do manage to find a weakness in a games security, the 3ds itself (or any modern day console period) is not just going to let you take it over. For one, the XN (execute never) feature of the ARM processor isn't just going to let you run whatever code you want, wherever you want. I'd recommend reading write-ups of exploits, such as ninjhax, supermysterychunkhax, the 32c3 3ds conference, or V(*)hax to get a better understanding of why the 3ds doesn't want to get taken over.
I'll finish later, as there are a number of reasons at the present time that I can't now. Check back later.
No problemo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up