Question about dling from eshop while spoofed

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by aljpn91, Feb 13, 2016.

1. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    i sucessfully spoofed my 5.4 to 5.5.1
    then followed crediar's instructions to get eshop access
    after creating my NNID, i managed to access the eshop and reedem the Splatoon code i got with my wii U bundle
    but now i'm stuck downloading Splatoon and i don't know if it's safe to disable "tubehax DNS" or if that will get me updated even though i'm spoofed to 5.5.1
    1- what should i do to get splatoon up and running on my 5.4?
    2- the update data being downloaded is a game update or a system update?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    thanks in advance

Last edited by aljpn91, Feb 13, 2016
  2. tornadog

tornadog GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2007
    United States
    Keep the tubehax on and download game and update from eShop. It is the game update.

That's what I did with pikmin that was already bought on my old Wii u

Last edited by tornadog, Feb 13, 2016
  3. aljpn91
    OP

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    even if it was a game update, i don't think i would be able to install it that way
    after deleting the update in download manager the game started downloading automatically
    already got it installed, and i'm now trying to install the game update via wupinstaller
    but i'm having a hard time getting the exploit to run properly
    can i download the 5.4 wupinstaller files somewhere and host them myself with xampp?

update: i downloaded and i'm now selfhosting the wupinstaller.mp4 from "exploit.wiiubrew.net". got it to work after a couple of tries
    it's definitely the way to go if you want to install game updates

update 2: i sucessfully updated splatoon via Wupinstaller. but after failing to update mk8, the console wouldn't let me play it, so i deleted and re-downloaded it from the eshop aswell as the update, which downloaded and installed just fine

Last edited by aljpn91, Feb 13, 2016