Hacking Question about dios mios

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, thanks. Why the wii version though?

The version you gave me was the exact same one. Why it can't just install as a wad is beyond me...

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Cleanrip isn't packed as a wad. Is meant to be loaded through homebrew channel. I guess you're confused with the DIOS MIOS wad. You just need to run cleanrip using HBC and rip your games for posterior use with DIOS MIOS.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cleanrip isn't packed as a wad. Is meant to be loaded through homebrew channel. I guess you're confused with the DIOS MIOS wad. You just need to run cleanrip using HBC and rip your games for posterior use with DIOS MIOS.

Yeah thanks, I still need to figure out how to get cleanrip going....

alright, it looks like the newest version finally works. Could you possibly link me a tutorial? I found a couple, but they seem a little old. thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GameCube version = Homebrew to launch on a GameCube Console
Wii Version = Homebrew to launch on a Wii console.
The game you want to rip is unrelevant to the version of the homebrew.

CleanRip rips both Wii AND gamecube Discs to 1:1 iso. just use the version for the CONSOLE you are using, unless you have a Wii which doesn't accept gameCube disc anymore in that case you will need a real gamecube console and use the GameCube version of CleanRip.

You want a tutorial for what?
CleanRip? There are two button : A or B. B = exit and A = Rip. you need a tutorial for that?

DiosMIOS? Install the wad, then use a Loader to launch the games.

the iso must be located in device:/games/Game name [GameID]/game.iso
only the underline part change.
for example
USB:/games/Zelda WindWaker [GZLP01]/game.iso

The iso NEED to be named "game.iso" for most loaders to see it, do not rename it differently.
the iso can be :
- "1:1" perfect iso (the one created by cleanrip)
- DiscEx patched : removing unused data to shrink the iso
- GCReEx : Extracted files into a folder, no iso used anymore.

you can use the program provided with DIOS MIOS (Lite) to manage the iso and convert it to the correct format if you want and to place it to the correct place automatically.

You can also :
Don't use CleanRip, and use the USBLoader to rip the game directly in the correct place, in the correct format.

Read the forum, there are help and guides everywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ