Hacking Question about dios mios

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, so I heard of a couple gamecube backup launchers, and I heard the old dios mios did not allow retail discs. But the new one does? I am just afraid of messing something up in my wii :P

I also heard about devolution. Which allows me to play my gamecube games off USB?

I have a pretty old wii drive. So it probablly be a lot better that way. But I also heard that backup discs are much harder on the drive?

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so I heard of a couple gamecube backup launchers, and I heard the old dios mios did not allow retail discs. But the new one does?
Thats correct, newer versions allow retail disc use as well as backups
I am just afraid of messing something up in my wii :P
Dont be - you can just re-install a clean cMIOS if everything doesn't go to your liking

I also heard about devolution. Which allows me to play my gamecube games off USB?
.......as does Dios Mios

I have a pretty old wii drive. So it probablly be a lot better that way. But I also heard that backup discs are much harder on the drive?
Yes, any use is gonna produce 'wear and tear' eventually, get away from the discs :)

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yes. Does the version of dios mios you sent me still allow playing of retail games to off of the disc channel? or was that disabled with this version?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok having another issue. dios mios comes in a wad right? I install it and I don't see anything?

I also am trying to get cleanrip. there's no meta data. But a dol. So I made a folder called "clean rip" and put the contents inside. and I am not seeing anything. help...

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone help me please? iv'e been messing with this for 30 minutes now. I have clean rip and DIOS MIOS but it's not appearing in my SD card in my apps...

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me please? iv'e been messing with this for 30 minutes now. I have clean rip and DIOS MIOS but it's not appearing in my SD card in my apps...

1. Triple posting isn't a good idea.

2. Please read up on these things for awhile before messing with them. It saves us time and you time as well. You installed the WAD... Right? Well, DIOS MIOS isn't a program. You load games with it through USB loaders like Wiiflow or USB Loader GX... As for your other issues. I can't help you.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Triple posting isn't a good idea.

2. Please read up on these things for awhile before messing with them. It saves us time and you time as well. You installed the WAD... Right? Well, DIOS MIOS isn't a program. You load games with it through USB loaders like Wiiflow or USB Loader GX... As for your other issues. I can't help you.

oh..heh. sorry.

I'm using neogamma. I am a little confused though, you need a disc in the drive still right? will it still played my backed up games off USB? or does it play it off the disc? again. I really want to preserve my gamecube games...

And does dios mios lite allow retail games to be played through disc channel?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh..heh. sorry.

I'm using neogamma. I am a little confused though, you need a disc in the drive still right? will it still played my backed up games off USB? or does it play it off the disc? again. I really want to preserve my gamecube games...

And does dios mios lite allow retail games to be played through disc channel?

I don't think so.. Someone who cares more about DIOS MIOS will have to tell you that... It plays them off of the USB. Pretty sure you convert the games to DiscEX or a similar format and place them into X/games.

Someone already answered that.... Read the first response again.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, it looks like neogamma has a USB option. And I still cannot figure out how to get cleanrip to appear...

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, I was asking about how to make cleanrip appear...

I got it from wiibrew, and it just says to move it. But that does not help. I don't know what to do? I have the dol ect....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol