Hacking Question about cpu speed

Isaac

American
OP
Trophies
Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
XP
Country
United States
I know that the god of war runs the cpu at 333 mgh (its mgh right?) instead of the usual 222. My question is, if I play the same game from my memory card via jailbreak, will it automatically run at 333 mgh (really tell me if I'm wrong about my abbreviation) or do I have to manually have to switch it?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the god of war runs the cpu at 333 mgh (its mgh right?) instead of the usual 222. My question is, if I play the same game from my memory card via jailbreak, will it automatically run at 333 mgh (really tell me if I'm wrong about my abbreviation) or do I have to manually have to switch it?
I'm guessing you mean megahertz? That's MHz.

l0l_cabbage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does automatically change, though, I would recommend you to set 333 MHz for every game to boost loading times, because most games do not change MHz frequency. You can easily do it on jailbroken PSP while in XMB via VHS menu, which is triggered by SELECT button.

EDIT - apparently, I've just checked the MHz speed in Mega Man: Powered Up via cusHOME plugin, and I'm wrong. I've set the game speed in XMB at 333/166, but the game was still playing at 222/111.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It does automatically change, though, I would recommend you to set 333 MHz for every game to boost loading times, because most games do not change MHz frequency. You can easily do it on jailbroken PSP while in XMB via VHS menu, which is triggered by SELECT button.

EDIT - apparently, I've just checked the MHz speed in Mega Man: Powered Up via cusHOME plugin, and I'm wrong. I've set the game speed in XMB at 333/166, but the game was still playing at 222/111.
PRO fakes the speed (that plugins and such will read) for compatibility. Whatever is listed in the recovery menu is the real one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup