Question about BBS+ Hacked PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by brandonspikes, Jul 1, 2012.

1. brandonspikes
    OP

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    So my sister lent me her PSP while she's out of state for the next 2 months and there's a bunch of PSP games I have downloaded on my PC.

Anyways, regarding KH: Birth by Sleep, Is the install worth it if I have it downloaded to the memory card?

2. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Not in the slightest, as I recall.

3. Alaude

Alaude GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    India
    Utopia
    if it is already hacked i say give it a go, but if it is not do not try anything funny! i'd recommend it if you are experienced in hacking your psp.

4. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    if you have the game on your mem card then no it is only helpfull if you have the umd

(i know this cuz i have the umd and a downloaded version)

5. brandonspikes
    OP

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Sorry, I meant to ask if the Install is worth it if I have a downloaded version of the game.

6. Aurionfox

Aurionfox GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Mexico
    Mexico
    Nope it's useless, the install data it's only usefull if you have the UMD version (and some other rare cases) otherwise all the data is already there on the memory for the ISO and Download version, you can delete the install safely and still have good loading times

7. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Just want to make sure if this applies to the Go as well, in that the data install won't make any difference. (Hacked 6.60 Go, BBS Final Mix)

8. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    ^It doesn't. It really only applies to reading from UMDs. In Comparison to when I had a PSPGo, and Data install w/ UMD on a PSP 2000 if was extremely fast. So you should experience any long loading times, or anything.

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I was going to come in here and say "the data install option doesn't even work on CFW", but then realized that since then people have moved to PRO which has fixed a lot of crap... tried it and it works.

However the entire reason that games offer to do that install is because reading off the stick is faster than the UMD so they read the data off the stick instead of the UMD. Stick with just using the ISO and use the Memory Stick Speedup option in the PRO recovery menu settings if available.