Gaming Question about BBS+ Hacked PSP

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,729
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
So my sister lent me her PSP while she's out of state for the next 2 months and there's a bunch of PSP games I have downloaded on my PC.

Anyways, regarding KH: Birth by Sleep, Is the install worth it if I have it downloaded to the memory card?

Alaude

Trophies
XP
Country
India
if it is already hacked i say give it a go, but if it is not do not try anything funny! i'd recommend it if you are experienced in hacking your psp.

D

Deleted User

OP
if you have the game on your mem card then no it is only helpfull if you have the umd

(i know this cuz i have the umd and a downloaded version)

D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry, I meant to ask if the Install is worth it if I have a downloaded version of the game.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, I meant to ask if the Install is worth it if I have a downloaded version of the game.

Nope it's useless, the install data it's only usefull if you have the UMD version (and some other rare cases) otherwise all the data is already there on the memory for the ISO and Download version, you can delete the install safely and still have good loading times

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure if this applies to the Go as well, in that the data install won't make any difference. (Hacked 6.60 Go, BBS Final Mix)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^It doesn't. It really only applies to reading from UMDs. In Comparison to when I had a PSPGo, and Data install w/ UMD on a PSP 2000 if was extremely fast. So you should experience any long loading times, or anything.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was going to come in here and say "the data install option doesn't even work on CFW", but then realized that since then people have moved to PRO which has fixed a lot of crap... tried it and it works.

However the entire reason that games offer to do that install is because reading off the stick is faster than the UMD so they read the data off the stick instead of the UMD. Stick with just using the ISO and use the Memory Stick Speedup option in the PRO recovery menu settings if available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up