Question about A2i

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jocko, Jun 22, 2011.

Jun 22, 2011

Question about A2i by Jocko at 12:32 PM (455 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Jocko
    OP

Newcomer Jocko Member

United States
    I ordered one for my 3DS on the 12th, but realized afterwards that you have to update the card to run on the latest 3DS firmware (Which I have), and that you have to have the card IN the console to do the update, which means I'm screwed. Does it have to be a 3DS? I also have an old DSphat, can I use that to update the card?

Thanks for any replies.

2. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    actually if your 3DS is 2.0.0.2E, you will always need a older DS so it can upgrade, so if you have a phat, you are safe to upgrade, just use the correct update version

3. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    you can use the update on any DS or 3DS as long as the Acekard 2i can load (not giving an error screen, like when the DSi/3DS is updated and the acekard 2i doesnt support that update)

4. Aielanor

Newcomer Aielanor Member

Australia
    If you have already updated your 3DS to 2.1.0-3, you can't perform the AK update directly on the 3DS .....I've learned this the hard way when I bought my acekard that weren't updated for the DSi's latest firmware, so I had to borrow a DS Lite....well, you can update your acekard with the old DSphat

5. Nicole Luyben

Newcomer Nicole Luyben Advanced Member

United States