Not open for further replies.

BooCradley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time posting and I apologize if this is a stupid inquiry.

So I see that Snes9xGx supports .7z file types. My entire rom set is in this format with each .7z file having anywhere from 1-25 separate .smc within. I am just wondering if there is a way to choose which .smc to load while selecting it with Snes9xGx (specifically through the WiiFlow plugin) as, from my experience so far, Snes9xGx seems to just load the first .smc in the archive (which often does not load properly). I would rather not have to go through all 1200 roms, extract them all, test them, delete all but one and then rename them all again. I like having the option to choose from all those included in each archive, a lot contain hacks and other altered versions, but want them all contained in one box cover selection through WiiFlow.

Is this a possibility? If not, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed in a simpler manner than I suggested? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to know by any chance which 7z settings are compatible with Snes9x-GX for a game to load properly?

Attachments

• sevenz.png
    sevenz.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 443

BooCradley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you happen to know by any chance which 7z settings are compatible with Snes9x-GX for a game to load properly?

Sorry, man. Still a noob at this. Just working with a rom pack I found online. Best I can do is give you an example of a small set that is confirmed to load with WiiFlow...
Hope that helps.

snes7zexample.png

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Now, in regards to my issue......the waiting game.

AHHHH! The waiting game sucks. I'm gonna go play Hungry Hungry Hippos.
Oh, about that... no, there's no way to select a rom inside a 7z. Only the first one will play.

cebolleto

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, my bad... You were talking about wiiflow... No, you cant
Use the latest version os snes9xgx it is much better for this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users