Question about 3DZ files and headers + idS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mvmiranda, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Hello guys,

I have a Gateway for quite some time and even after the arrival of the online feature on it I've never tried it.

So, after reading a bit I've found how to do it and stuff. I know I need a GW dumped game or a I'll have to patch the scene dumped game with a header from a GW dumped game or a "shared" header +card ID/manufacturer ID.

I also know that something fishy may come up if too many ppl go online with a header using the "same IDs", so my questions are:

Can I put any IDs in a game?

I have some original games like Pokemon X, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and TLoZ: Ocarina of Time.

Can I dump, let's say, Pokemon X and use its info to patch one of the games I wanna play online?
    If I'm correct, Pokemon X is CARD-2, so is it OK for me to use its info on a CARD-1 game and go online?

Thanks in advance

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Yes everything you said is perfect and works, having a pokemon x header .bin can patch every other rom so far

3. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

Sweet!
    Also, that "minimizes" that "fishy" part although I know if the big N decides to ban whoever plays online with pirated games, they'll do it no matter if I'm the only one that owns the IDs I used.
    But thanks for the quick answer.

Cheers!

4. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Yep! Any game's header (multiplayer/singleplayer, card1/2, media size, etc.) all work. You may have to hex edit a line though, for some.

5. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

Nice!
    What about Gateway ROM Patcher v0.6? Do I still need to use hex editor if I plan to use this tool?

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Nice, guess I'll go buy pokemon x tomorrow for the header. It's just as compatible as snake eater?

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    For the most part you shouldn't need to. I used the tool for Theatrhythm, and I didn't need to do any hex editing.