Hacking Question about 2DS XL Hack

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m about to hack my newly acquired New 2DS XL which will join my Pokémon N3DS and Super Famicom N3DS XL as my third hacked unit.

Anyways, my question is this:

I was able to buy Sudoku on my source 3DS. I don’t have a Nintendo Network ID on either of my hacked units. Didn’t need one to buy the game. There’s a point in the guide where you either have to do a transfer back after a week, Call Nintendo, or delete your NNID. My question is that since I don’t have one, can I just skip that part or would I absolutely need a NNID for a System Transfer?

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I’m about to hack my newly acquired New 2DS XL which will join my Pokémon N3DS and Super Famicom N3DS XL as my third hacked unit.

I was able to buy Sudoku on my source 3DS. I don’t have a Nintendo Network ID on either of my hacked units. Didn’t need one to buy the game. There’s a point in the guide where you either have to do a transfer back after a week, Call Nintendo, or delete your NNID. My question is that since I don’t have one, can I just skip that part or would I absolutely need a NNID for a System Transfer?
The guide said that you need it, so you need it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: alucard_xs

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

If you want to transfer your purchased content back you would need to wait a week, calling Nintendo to transfer your NNID is just a method to move your purchased content back without waiting a week, but when you don't have a NNID you lose that option since the content is only tied to the console, and not to an account.

Reactions: Quantumcat

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One is for 'new' consoles, the other for 'old' consoles. The N2DSXL is a 'new' console. If you read the guide it should tell you what to be using.
weird, I backuped my sysnand with LUMA3DS on my new 2DS XL and I've got the following file NEG42091462_sysnand_000.bin instead of a file name as mentionned in the tuto : <serialnumber>_nandmin_###.bin
normal ?

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to transfer your purchased content back you would need to wait a week, calling Nintendo to transfer your NNID is just a method to move your purchased content back without waiting a week, but when you don't have a NNID you lose that option since the content is only tied to the console, and not to an account.

So, I'd be good then? Since I don't care about having the game back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality