Gaming Question about 10.6 Homebrew

johnluong96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 10.6 firmware 2ds that is homebrewed with OoT + powersaves, I was wondering if it was possible to get free 3ds games and being able to go online with it? I realize there are things like cia files but I am not familiar with it all yet. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but appreciate an answer.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Akira, , Reason: additional info
Reactions: johnluong96

johnluong96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given that you have access to homebrew, then yes. You need to downgrade to 9.2 to install CFW in order to get free gaemz and play online.

Which CFW do you recommend? And is there any precautions I have to take when playing online with cia files?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Rxtools if you want, It has region free and all other tools for advance users. You can also use Reinand or CakesFW if you want a minimilastic approach and just want to install CIA(Games) files. No precautions on playing online, just fire and go.

johnluong96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Rxtools if you want, It has region free and all other tools for advance users. You can also use Reinand or CakesFW if you want a minimilastic approach and just want to install CIA(Games) files. No precautions on playing online, just fire and go.

Appreciate the help, rxtools sounds like what I might want to aim for. Last question, do you know some other nice things I can do on 9.2 with homebrew?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the help, rxtools sounds like what I might want to aim for. Last question, do you know some other nice things I can do on 9.2 with homebrew?

Just in case you'll be following the link that I gave you, the only CFW you can use is either Aureinand(modified Reinand) or CakesCFW. Apart from homebrew and free 3ds games, I can't think of anything since that's the only purpose I downgraded to 9.2 lolz. Other users might be able to help you with other informations.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
So I have a 10.6 firmware 2ds that is homebrewed with OoT + powersaves, I was wondering if it was possible to get free 3ds games and being able to go online with it? I realize there are things like cia files but I am not familiar with it all yet. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but appreciate an answer.
Let's go step by step.
1. Downgrade your 3DS. This guide might help.
2. Install a CFW of your choice.
3. Go to that chaotic site for the cia files of your games.
4. Install the cias using FBI/BigBlueMenu/BigRedMenu/NASA/etc.
5. Unpack the gift s and enjoy!

johnluong96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to take any precautions to protect all my files? Such as eShop purchases?

Let's go step by step.
1. Downgrade your 3DS. This guide might help.
2. Install a CFW of your choice.
3. Go to that chaotic site for the cia files of your games.
4. Install the cias using FBI/BigBlueMenu/BigRedMenu/NASA/etc.
5. Unpack the gift s and enjoy!

Also, am I allowed to install rxTools with this method?

Last edited by johnluong96,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...