twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What does it matter if 0shippingzone.com is a good or bad site now?
You've already sent your money out.

I honestly cannot fathom why people ask questions like 'Is this card good?' or 'Is this seller reputable?' -AFTER- placing their order.
It literally takes exactly the same amount of time to ask before as it does to ask after, but you save yourself the trouble of buying a bad product or from a bad seller....

However to answer your question: Yes, 0shippingzone.com is a good place to buy from.
Just do yourself a favor, next time ask FIRST, buy second.

stonewater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. I just kinda remembered about asking on GBAtemp after the purchase. I know I'm an idiot for asking after the fact but I just wanted to reassure myself.

Vania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Speaking of 0SZ, I just received my AK 2i from them this morning. It tooks 20 days to come here (I ordered from them in 24/2), now I'm waiting for the DSi XL to be released so I can test it.

BTW, is there a way to find out if the AK 2i is genuine or fake without using it on a DS?
I still don't own a DS and none of my family or related owns a DS, I'm really curious about it?
I read the info on how to find a fake AK 2i on their site, but still I need more info.
I'll appreciate it if someone can help me.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leivra said:
Speaking of 0SZ, I just received my AK 2i from them this morning. It tooks 20 days to come here (I ordered from them in 24/2), now I'm waiting for the DSi XL to be released so I can test it.

BTW, is there a way to find out if the AK 2i is genuine or fake without using it on a DS?
I still don't own a DS and none of my family or related owns a DS, I'm really curious about it?
I read the info on how to find a fake AK 2i on their site, but still I need more info.
I'll appreciate it if someone can help me.

Run your finger over the sticker, if it's fake you should be able to feel an indentation below, or a chip protruding up. This is one of my carts:
ak2i-4.png

As you can see the sticker is flat.

This is one from the first genuine batch from the GBATemp review, you can see there's a chip underneath the sticker
ak2i_8.jpg

but it won't be as obvious as that. Later carts should be flat like mine.

If you really really wanna know, peel the sticker off.
fake1.JPG

However 0SZ has a good rep on here, so may not be worth defacing your cart over.

Vania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it doesn't seem to be completely flat and also it doesn't feel that it has indentation.
But almost at the center and a little close to the right (where the "a" logo stand) feels like a hill, so does that mean that I have an original one?
And thanks for your help.
happy.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leivra said:
No, it doesn't seem to be completely flat and also it doesn't feel that it has indentation.
But almost at the center and a little close to the right (where the "a" logo stand) feels like a hill, so does that mean that I have an original one?
And thanks for your help.
happy.gif
That should be an original, on mine there's a slight bump in a middle under the '2', the sticker itself is still flat as you can see in the photo. On some carts you may not be able to notice the bump, on others you will. Sometimes you can feel a little 'dimple' in the center, it's from the 'blob chip' underneath. If it's fake you should be able to visually see a square shape in the middle, in the photo from the Acekard site you can see this has left it's mark on the sticker even after it's been peeled off the cart.

geezmoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy cow, i have a Fake acekard 2i bought from 0SZ almost 2 months ago. Wasn't able to use with AKAIO 1.6 on DSi 1.4, the screen become black after the loading.
With the same AK2i card and AKAIO 1.6, it worked on the DSL but the icon showed as Acekard 2 not the "Danny...", and it listed as HW:80 SVN: 803
The AK2i was working fine with AKAIO 1.5.1 on DSi 1.4, listed as HW: 80
I peeled off the sticker and i got the Actel ProASIC 3 as chip.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geezmoo said:
Holy cow, i have a Fake acekard 2i bought from 0SZ almost 2 months ago. Wasn't able to use with AKAIO 1.6 on DSi 1.4, the screen become black after the loading.
With the same AK2i card and AKAIO 1.6, it worked on the DSL but the icon showed as Acekard 2 not the "Danny...", and it listed as HW:80 SVN: 803
The AK2i was working fine with AKAIO 1.5.1 on DSi 1.4, listed as HW: 80
I peeled off the sticker and i got the Actel ProASIC 3 as chip.
Well that's fantastic, are there any retailers not selling these?

0shippingZone have a decent rep, so they should replace it.

In the DS Lites main menu, does it have:

" Acekard 2i
www.acekard.com"

Like on the genuine carts or does it say it's just an 2/2.1 like others have reported?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geezmoo said:
Here is the picture of AK2i with AKAIO 1.6 on DS Lite.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/WMTWn1...feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/N7yWJt...feat=directlink

It showed the 2 lines on DS Lite as
" Acekard 2
www.acekard.com"

Sorry, don't know how to add a picture!
Same as others have reported then, means they are clones of the original Acekard 2 design fudged to work on the DSi, and not based off the Acekard 2i. Which probably explains why some can run AKAIO 1.6RC1 on a DS Lite, but fail if you try it on a DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night