Hacking question abou Wiikey version 1.2

Dthruking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how big should the .iso file be?? mine is 7MB is that right? and also for the MFE player....all i have to do is burn this setup disc..put it in the wii set everything up and then burn my .avi's and they will play??

ive tried looking through the forums here but i cant find anything about this..maybe im just looking in the wrong place

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Dthruking

fablebyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, its about 7mb on its own. Burn it to a DVD-R, or +RW if you dont want to keep a copy. After burning, it looks like about a Gigabyte of data was burned onto the disc. When loading up the setup disc, its best to enable multiregion and save.

In the menu, you also have access to disc ripping, SNES emulation and multimedia player. Yes, just burn your avi divx/xvid files onto a DVD-R/+RW and load up the multimedia program. Remove the setup disc and replace with your multimedia disc. Hold L or R for a second to load the disc and media files.

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yup, its about 7mb on its own. Burn it to a DVD-R, or +RW if you dont want to keep a copy. After burning, it looks like about a Gigabyte of data was burned onto the disc. When loading up the setup disc, its best to enable multiregion and save.

In the menu, you also have access to disc ripping, SNES emulation and multimedia player. Yes, just burn your avi divx/xvid files onto a DVD-R/+RW and load up the multimedia program. Remove the setup disc and replace with your multimedia disc. Hold L or R for a second to load the disc and media files.

So you dont put your divx files on the setup disc?

It was my understanding that you put them in the media folder and create the iso image with the divx files in it?

Is this wrong?

fablebyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand from the readme, you can put your media files and roms when creating the disc if you wanted to, but it is optional. Swapping the setup disc out and replacing it with your own media file discs is the better thing to do imo.

Dthruking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes swapping the disc works

i tried with roms and with xvid's
smile.gif

thanks again fablebyte

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do I go to swap the discs w/ the media files inside?

I'm confused!

I tried bootdisc and some other buttons in the media player program its not really recognizing the disc...

fablebyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After booting up the Wiikey setup disc, and choosing the MFE media program, eject the Wiikey disc and insert your own media DVD. Hold L or R for a second and it will read it.

Dthruking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have one more question...since on the setup disc it has gcos multigame disc on it then when i make a dvd with 4 or 5 games on it do i still have to make it with make-multiv3? or can i just burn it with the games on it then do the disc swap?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4