Hacking Qualified testers needed

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to find out which of the games not working with the cIOS36rev7, work with cIOS37 or cIOS55. For this purpose i have written a multi cios_installer which modifies IOS36, IOS37 and IOS55. This installer lets you choose between IOS36 and IOS37 dip(IOS55 dip is incompatible with the patch) and where to install the cIOS. There's a slight chance some of the newer games will work with cIOS37 or dcIOS55. Rock Band for example seems to work with cIOS37. Please post only about games which require a newer IOS than IOS36, the old games not working like Red Steel need to be patched to use IOS249(or wherever the cIOS is installed). The new Need for Speed does not work with this dcIOS55, a new dip is required for this.

Notes:
- There's no trucha support for IOS55, and don't ask me to do this, my coding skills are very limited
- Just use 1:1 copies: decryption, update removing, brickblocking and whatever cause only problems
- You can see the required IOS in SoftChip while booting("IOS requested by the game:") and with Wiidiscinfo
- i call the cIOS55 from this installer dirty custom IOS(dcIOS), because it does not use its own dip
- online and offline installation supported, look at the readme.txt

Requirements for testers:
- 3 or more backups working
- 0 or less bad burn problems in the past
- knowledge about how to compile SoftChip
- handling of multiple installed cIOS
- basic understanding of what this installer does
- not being a pirate

If you don't fulfill all of these requirements, please don't ask me for help, just be patient and wait for the results

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/170220766/mult...er0.21.zip.html

Please feel free to upload the installer elsewhere!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Results:

working
Rock Band works with cIOS37(requires IOS37)

not working
Need for Speed Undercover does not work with dcIOS55

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this gives useful results, i love progress
smile.gif

SOFTCHIP FTW!
biggrin.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I could help, but I bricked my wii yesterday.... With a bad channel....
...Waiting for triwing to take apart my gc pad to use the recovery-mode using savemiifrii.
I'm sure at the end of the week I can test your multi cios installer, which is quiet a good idea, I guess.

Although I'm running on patched IOS37 for some time, now and I experience same issues as on IOS36 with same games...

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
...Waiting for triwing to take apart my gc pad to use the recovery-mode using savemiifrii.
I'm sure at the end of the week I can test your multi cios installer, which is quiet a good idea, I guess.

Although I'm running on patched IOS37 for some time, now and I experience same issues as on IOS36 with same games...
ohmy.gif
no starfall? ah well i guess it's more of a choice not a mandatory thing to do.
after you fix it you might wanna starfall it.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Wiipower... got a question...
Couldn't you just patch the games to use a different IOS with Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher v1.1 before you burn them?

-Kitt050383

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude that sucks...seems like alot of us banner editing fools and experimenters have bricked there shit... When I saw Forsaekn had done it a couple times I starfalled both of my Wii's... hope that helps me if it come close to one.. and the way I tinker around... damn I hope I didn't just jinx myself! Doh!

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:

You remember installing starfall.... ? not ringing any bells... ? oh wait, you didn't install it
wink.gif

starfall your wii man
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kitt050383 said:
Hey Wiipower... got a question...
Couldn't you just patch the games to use a different IOS with Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher v1.1 before you burn them?

-Kitt050383

I could, but i'm interested in newer games. The games which need to be patched are the old ones(as far as i know). Oh, and i prefer REAL 1:1 copies, i still want to add on the fly patching for this, but it's more complicated as it seemed first. Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher patches the tmd inside the dvd. It seems that the games load the tmd themself, there's no way to hand it over to the game for now.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply Wiipower....

QUOTE said:
It seems that the games load the tmd themself, there's no way to hand it over to the game for now.

k... gotcha...

Well I meet your requirements I'll test it out for you....

-kitt050383

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EmperorOfCanada said:
0 or less bad burns? Thats pretty strict.

For me there are too many people around which have problems with these. If i get a negative result, i don't want to have to ask if it's maybe a bad burn.

QUOTE(wolffangalchemist @ Dec 1 2008, 06:19 PM) so it's older games that need testing with cios37 and newer ones that need testing on dcios55 and cios36?

No, the old games don't need to be tested, you could test them patched with Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher, but i'm more interested in newer games.

Please always add the IOS requested by the game, thank you

PS: cIOS36 is unchanged from WiiGator's one

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
0 or less bad burns? Thats pretty strict.

For me there are too many people around which have problems with these. If i get a negative result, i don't want to have to ask if it's maybe a bad burn.

QUOTE(wolffangalchemist @ Dec 1 2008, 06:19 PM) so it's older games that need testing with cios37 and newer ones that need testing on dcios55 and cios36?

No, the old games don't need to be tested, you could test them patched with Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher, but i'm more interested in newer games.

Please always add the IOS requested by the game, thank you

PS: cIOS36 is unchanged from WiiGator's one
ok i will see about getting some new games this week sometime to test, i take new releases will be needing testing most of all for this.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EmperorOfCanada said:
Ive about 60 backups with only 3 bad burns (2 of which were SSBB DL) I dont really care Im too busy to help you anyways, but 0 still seems strict ^^

3 out of 60 sounds good, but if i wrote write something else in the 1st post, the people with 50% or more bad burns would flood the thread with games working with cIOS36. Sorry for being negative.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lol wiipower you know im good
laugh.gif
i tested the cios 55 already yesterday if you have somthing new im always on softchip channel

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well... I have starfall installed... but as i didn't have a gc pad, I didn't patch the recovery mode...
...I know... bummer.... a big one... But I have all other starfall patches at place. So I think when I get a gc pad tomorrow, I'll try the savemefrii method to get into recovery mode and then hopefully, my original zelda will autoboot...
If not, I'll get me a modchip.

So after I'm back again, I'm going to test out the multi ios patcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte