quadforce v 0.1 FINAL by crediar

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seriously can't believe that this argument is still going on about DMLTri/quadforce.

To be honest, I'd say the leak was a blessing in disguise (especailly for those who got it working, when it became quadforce).

All respect to crediar for continuing with DM though, but I'm willing to wait for it's release (whether people choose to donate or not).

Edit: For those wondering... I've always had the same or similar alias on-line and I don't want anyone pointing fingers at me, as I wasn't involved in anyway, shape or form. What I'm saying is just my own honest opinion, I don't blame G0dlike for leaking it in the first place. As people wanted it and they got it in the end.

ANDYAFRO

Trophies
XP
Country
There has been no comment from JJ so far cos your argument is void, this gc usb loading should of come out ages ago (it wasnt that hard figuring out how to get it going and how it works so we all know you been holding this baby back - why I do not know) plus off all the people that you should be blaming, who's ever fault it may be, JJ is the one person who should be credited in this situation, he is the 1 reason, triforce and your precious GC USB loading that has taken so long to release (and took 2 mins to figure out) isnt all over the web, I mean Darkumbra is a fucking PIRATE site after all (and no matter what you all say YOUR ALL FUCKING PIRATES AS WELL) and we have sat here and watched people take sides over this, while all the time our site is flooded with people looking for the tri-force, even though they have the quad-force now.
And too be honest JJ has nothing to be sorry for, in the time I have known him I have never known him to lie or backstab, he posted it in good faith and took it down the moment he knew there was a problem (THE MOMENT) and no matter what you say about DU, the 14 members who downloaded it respected JJ enough to kept there word.

Whatever happened between godlike and credier is between them and you lot are just taking sides when the truth is your all just disappointed GC usb loading hasnt been sorted yet when everyone knows it can be done and has probably for a while, and the rest of you are just gutted you wasnt one of the 14, so blame whoever you want to but stop directing it at DU please.

And no - no matter what the argument or who's takes who side, DU will not and will never release the tri-force without the permission of credier that you can be assured off..

ANDY AFRO

Reactions: 1 person

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still beating a dead horse eh?

I am happy Crediar has chosen to continue work on DM also, yet am somewhat surprised at the mention of my name. I played no part in any of this and was not one of the 14 that DL'd it. I haven't asked for it and Do not have access to it. I respect and appreciate the work you guys do for the Wii scene, but if something that is to be kept secret is given to enough people, it will inevitably be released.

That being said whoever is posting the chat convo from DU here feel free to grow a pair and post your opinion in the live Chat also. All members are free to post their personal opinion without any repercussions as long they do not intentionally insult another member or staff in the process.

Agreed ANDYAFRO, JJ took the links down out of respect to Crediar and luckily, the people who have downloaded it so far have been loyal enough to not post it anywhere else as far as I know of.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There has been no comment from JJ so far cos your argument is void, this gc usb loading should of come out ages ago (it wasnt that hard figuring out how to get it going and how it works so we all know you been holding this baby back - why I do not know)
Please, do tell us more about how you have easily figured out how to load GC games from USB. Also, the phrase is "should have"
plus off all the people that you should be blaming, who's ever fault it may be, JJ is the one person who should be credited in this situation, he is the 1 reason, triforce and your precious GC USB loading that has taken so long to release (and took 2 mins to figure out) isnt all over the web
See at the start of this quote where you said "off"? That one should have be "of". Anyway, JJ Kwik has nothing to do with GC USB loading not being "all over the web", it has not been released to anyone yet, JJ Kwik has not had access to it. And "took 2 mins to figure out" - yeah that's why no one has done it before in the almost 6 years the Wii has been in existence.

I mean Darkumbra is a fucking PIRATE site after all (and no matter what you all say YOUR ALL FUCKING PIRATES AS WELL) and we have sat here and watched people take sides over this, while all the time our site is flooded with people looking for the tri-force, even though they have the quad-force now.
And too be honest JJ has nothing to be sorry for, in the time I have known him I have never known him to lie or backstab, he posted it in good faith and took it down the moment he knew there was a problem (THE MOMENT) and no matter what you say about DU, the 14 members who downloaded it respected JJ enough to kept there word.

Swearing totally makes you look cool and stuff. Also, it should be "you're all...". Besides all this JJ Kwik DID clearly know g0dlike had leaked it, and it wasn't an official release from crediar. (Although he may not be completely in the wrong, he did seem to genuinely believe at first that it was by someone else, not crediar)

Whatever happened between godlike and credier is between them and you lot are just taking sides when the truth is your all just disappointed GC usb loading hasnt been sorted yet when everyone knows it can be done and has probably for a while, and the rest of you are just gutted you wasnt one of the 14, so blame whoever you want to but stop directing it at DU please.
Again, "you're", not "your". Also, "you weren't", not "you wasnt". And I'm not in the slightest bit disappointed, I don't own any GC games or Triforce arcade systems, so I cannot use DM, quadforce or DML. Don't care. Just disappointed at the lack of respect given to one of the best coders in the Wii scene.

And no - no matter what the argument or who's takes who side, DU will not and will never release the tri-force without the permission of credier that you can be assured off..
Bit late for the "will not and will never" (is there really a need for both those? they mean pretty much the same...)

EDIT: BTW, I have nothing personal against you or JJ Kwik. I think I remember him posting at the WADder forums back in the day, seemed like an OK guy. I don't care for DU seeing as it is a piracy site.

Reactions: 1 person

JasonP27

The Tile God
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darkumbra.net
XP
Country
The only reason JJ hasn't posted here is because I suggested it might just make things worse. Obviously no matter what he says you aren't going to believe him anyways. JJ did an amazing job of trying to keep it from spreading once he learned that crediar would be upset. He might have said he doesn't care... but then why would he have bothered to take the links down and ask those that downloaded it to not share it? Because he did care, about the project and about others wanting to benefit from it.

JJ's actions speak for themselves, no matter how many quotes you paste from a chatbox. When it came down to finding out he was leaking something and it was causing a stir in the scene, he quickly tried to fix the mistake... and that has to count for something.

Gee I hope my grammar is sound. Wouldn't want that to affect the merit of my post.

OOKAMIFR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Troubleshooting quadforce questions/answers:
Did you actually install quadforce onto your console? As it won't work with DML.

Are you using DML Booter SVN r22 (or any other Loader which works)? Set to
New and check your video options (other
options are n/a).

Have you changed the TitleIDs to the ones on GameTDB? GGPE01 and GGPE02
are the original IDs for the MKGP games.

Did you run either of the roms through GCReEx instead of DiscEx? As they need to
be run through DiscEx only!

Is your SD Card formatted as 64kb cluster size? Use EASEUS Partition Manager ~Home Edition~ (download from here, if the option isn't available through Windows)

thanks for this QA :)

i currently format 2gb for 64k and i'll try again (format option from windows, FAT and choose 64kb)

i wanted to create emunand but finally no result but i saw on my dump the wad is not installed properly (the file size just 21kb, weird :P )
i tried to boot with DML BOOTER but i'm stuck on BOOT DVD DRIVE and can't change to SD CARD

honnestly, i'm lost on all explanation and if someone can explain what is exactly the step, this will be really helpfull for any want to play :)

again, thanks for your help :)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@[member='jj-kwik']: can we make another stop to find out when crediar will actually release DM and bring it back to the present with us? Lol :L

Anyway... I seriously, love that film trilogy. :)

Edit: @OOKAMIFR: AbdallahTerro has a thread with a handy tutorial in the Wii Backup Loader section of the forum. The thread is called: "Custom GC Channel/Banner Collection for System Menu/USB Loader GX". The tutorial (if it's useful) will tell you how to load MKGP1&2 through neek2o for the time being.

I just wish there was an alternative available, but that's all I can recommend for now.

ANDYAFRO

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar Thank you for the corrections, always remember to read a post before you send it.

As for my post - a bit over the top yes (3 kids shouting at me "it's time to go to brownies" while trying to write did not help) and I am sorry about my swearing, but this whole situation is getting boring now, crediar is back on it now, so time to let it go. . . no matter what happened.
And it can be done, what a wonderful wad it is. . . .

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I decided to hide the IRC log.
I consider IRC conversation private.

Thanks for that though, I understand better what happened.
I hesitated to hide the "drama" messages too, to get back to release informations topic.
but some users may want to read about it. I may hide them later if I think it needs to.

Edit:
Post set visible again.

@sifjar:
I know it's tiring the eyes to read, but don't be grammar-Nazi on each words he wrote :P
just point it once is enough.
Well that's fine, he took your comments in the good way ;)

@jj-kwik:
USBLoader GX supports DU Tag. (manual edition of a xml file required to add url/key).

OOKAMIFR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you actually install quadforce onto your console? As it won't work with DML.

options are n/a).

Did you run either of the roms through GCReEx instead of DiscEx? As they need to

Is your SD Card formatted as 64kb cluster size? Use EASEUS Partition Manager ~Home Edition~ (download from here, if the option isn't available through Windows)

i currently format 2gb for 64k and i'll try again (format option from windows, FAT and choose 64kb)

i wanted to create emunand but finally no result but i saw on my dump the wad is not installed properly (the file size just 21kb, weird :P )
i tried to boot with DML BOOTER but i'm stuck on BOOT DVD DRIVE and can't change to SD CARD

honnestly, i'm lost on all explanation and if someone can explain what is exactly the step, this will be really helpfull for any want to play :)

ok, know i make some advance :)
i didn't understand i must enter in SD:\GAMES the FOLDER with GAME.ISO and SYS folder, that's why loader didn't detect game (just entered GAME.ISO and SYS folder)

now, the game is detected but when i launch it, wii shut down automaticely
don't know the reason why

i make the convert with DISCEX by drag the BIN to DISCEX.EXE
application created
folder RELSAB
sub folder SYS
game.iso

someone have idea about ?

OOKAMIFR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When the rom is extracted with DiscEx, you need to change game.iso's titleid and title name with a hex editor or WiiIsoRenamer (wherever that is).

thanks
performed game ID change with wii iso renamer V3 but still shutdown when i launch the rom :P
i am a desperate case lol :D

OOKAMIFR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you got or done the following:

- put DML Booter SVN r22 on your SD card
- installed quadforce & BC v6 onto your console

If that doesn't work, you've probably got a corrupt rom or whatever.

- put DML Booter SVN r22 on your SD card => yes
- installed quadforce & BC v6 onto your console => what is it exactly ? I don't know this point so i can say no, I don't installed it

.EDIT
if you mean RVL-bc-v6.wad, no i don't installed it
found it on -snip-

i install it in order to finish it :)

ANDYAFRO

Trophies
XP
Country

options are n/a).

ok, know i make some advance :)
i didn't understand i must enter in SD:\GAMES the FOLDER with GAME.ISO and SYS folder, that's why loader didn't detect game (just entered GAME.ISO and SYS folder)

now, the game is detected but when i launch it, wii shut down automaticely
don't know the reason why

i make the convert with DISCEX by drag the BIN to DISCEX.EXE
application created
folder RELSAB
sub folder SYS
game.iso

someone have idea about ?

What region is your Wii?

Is it a PAL Wii?
Try installing DML r52, Then Quadforce wad to your real NAND and then run your Mario GP games from SD card using DML loader app (not the channel) without a disc inserted

Install DML r52 again to play your other GC games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol