Hacking Quadforce from EmuNAND help needed

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've got an issue that I can't seem to figure out with Quadforce on my emuNAND, I dunno if I missed a step or what, but I'm following all the tutorials I see to a T. So on my emuNAND on my usb drive, I go to the folder: /title/00000001/00000100/content and copy the file 00000008.app there. I used DiscEx to install both Mario Kart GP and Mario Kart GP 2 to the SD card and i installed the channel forwarders to the emunand as well as diosmiosbooter to my apps folder on the SD card.

When launched through their channels, I get the message:
DML Game Booter SVM r22 by FIK94

Autoboot requested!
Press any button to abort... 2(counts down)

If I don't push a button the countdown reaches zero and then the Wii shuts itself off (power goes red)
If I push a button on my gamecube controller I quickly see a lot of code that immediately disappears, and again the Wii shuts itself off (power goes red).

If I use uniiloader to boot the diosmios booter, I get the options to boot disc in DVD DRive, as well as to choose between the two Mario Kart GP games. As soon as I choose GP 1, the Wii instantly shuts off. As soon as I choose GP 2, the same thing happens

I am truly baffled by this. Does anyone know what I may be missing? Or do you think its a matter of downloading the games again? I can't figure out what else it could possibly be.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just given this a bump (only one I'll give it) in case its getting overlooked by people who may know what I can do to fix my issue

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm intrigued by step 4:
copy Mario kart gp games in discex format to both SD\Games and USB\Games folders after setting up & fixing the ID as explained above

Why would it be necessary for the games to be on both the SD card and the USB drive? No other tutorials mention this, and I'm a little confused by the significance of this. It seems to be the only step I haven't done.

Also, that guide is in reference to an emuNAND on my SD card (sneek2o), I'm running an emuNAND on my USB drive(its been a while, but I believe what I have running is known as UNEEK+DI). It was my understanding that this should be possible to load quadforce.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends Budd....

If using Sneek2o Nand yes u need to copy to BOTH SD & USB

If using Real Nand ONLY USB

yeah, I just made an edit. I'm not using Sneek2o for my emunand. I'm running an emunand from my USB, I believe its UNEEK+DI. I thought that running quadforce on a USB emuNAND was possible, is this not the case?

I just tried copying the games to the USB drive and that didn't change anything, so I dunno.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check this out Budd

Tutorial 3c: How to run Quadforce games from sneek2o nand using the DI menu

1.Setup the games as before make sure you have the games in games folder on both USB and SD (though you can delete game.iso from usb to save disk space the "sys" folder is what matters here)
2a.Install Sneek2o rev 82+ (I tested using rev 84 but any will do the trick) using Modmii and copy "Sneek" folder to your SD card root
2b.copy 0000008.app file to "nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content" folder replace original file (BC v6 has to be installed first if folder is absent)
or rename this file to "quadforce.bin" and copy it to \SD\Sneek folder
3.Launch sneek2o via bootmii ios or neek2o channel and press "1" after the system menu appears
4.Press + to see the list of games you have (you might need to recreate cache for that press + again to show more options)
5.the Mario GP games will appear as "sample game name" unless you use custom titles
(to do so add the following entries to titles.txt and copy it to SD\Sneek folder:
GGPE01 = Mario Kart GP
GGPE02 = Mario Kart GP 2
you can get titles.txt from any backup loader or manager)
6.After selecting the game launch it from the disc channel

Tutorial 3d: How to run Quadforce games from uneek2o nand

1.Setup the games as before make sure you have the games in games folder on SD
2a.Install Uneek2o rev 82+ using Modmii (Uneek or Uneek + DI)
2b.copy 0000008.app file to "nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content" folder replace original file (BC v6 has to be installed first if folder is absent)
also make a copy of this 00000008.app file and rename it to "quadforce.bin" and copy it to "USB:\Sneek" folder
3.install mario kart GP channels on your Uneek nand
4.Launch Uneek and run the channel

I might guess either of these Budd is whut u need

:EDIT: Also have u installed QuadForce.wad to EmuNand??? That way ur EmuNand has the cIOS need for QF...

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I've hit a brick wall, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps I'll try and create a second emunand and try again with that, seems to be the only option I've got left.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey duffmann, did you ever get this working? I have exactly the same setup and exactly the same problem. I tried installing quadforce WAd to emunand and removing it (and putting .bin files in usb:/sneek). Still no luck. If I install quadforce to real nand I can load the games, but I want to keep DIOS MIOS on my real nand and just have quadforce on my emunand.

I've hit a brick wall and tried everything in those guides. Seems a real basic step by step guide to get quadforce 4.1 running from emunand is missing for noobs :)

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
OK. In fact I think I will creat two enands and put 4.0 on 1 and 4.1 on the other. But still...

Do I need to install the quadforce WAd on my enand?
Do I need to put quadforce.bin in usb./sneek
If I install the quadforce wad to emunand, do I still need to replace the 00000008.app?

And once installed, how do I boot it from enand?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Do I need to install the quadforce WAd on my enand? No
  • Do I need to put quadforce.bin in usb./sneek No
  • If I install the quadforce wad to emunand, do I still need to replace the 00000008.app? you only need to replace 00000008.app
  • And once installed, how do I boot it from enand? with either s/uneek2o or s/uneek

Reactions: icw35

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Do I need to install the quadforce WAd on my enand? No
  • Do I need to put quadforce.bin in usb./sneek No
  • If I install the quadforce wad to emunand, do I still need to replace the 00000008.app? you only need to replace 00000008.app
  • And once installed, how do I boot it from enand? with either s/uneek2o or s/uneek

Dude, thanks a lot!

One final question.

Do I need to install quadforce WAD to my real nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end