Qix on lameboy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mysticwaterfall, Nov 3, 2009.

Nov 3, 2009

Qix on lameboy? by mysticwaterfall at 8:27 PM (872 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mysticwaterfall
    OP

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    So, I was playing some old gb games on the DS today and idly wondered if there was a way to get cheats and googled. Found out there was a new version of lameboy (.12) that came out a while back that I somehow missed. Copied it over and love the new auto full screen option. Also seems to fix the gfx glitches in some games.

However, Qix won't run, it freezes on the tile screen. It worked on whatever old version I was using before.
    Anybody gotten this to work?

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Report it to Nutki.

3. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Do you mean Qix Adventure on Gameboy Colour? 'cause that works perfectly on my Lameboy.

4. mysticwaterfall
    OP

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    No, Qix on normal GB. The classic mode in Adventure doesn't do it for me for some reason. Maybe because I grew up with the 5200 version, which the GB version is more like. The NES version isn't bad but nesDS won't play that.

I tried 5 different versions of Qix. It works on .9 and .11 but not .12. So, must be one of the changes to the core he did. Posted a message over at his site.