Gaming [Q] Two questions about MM3D

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll probably be whatever FPS Ocarina of Time was, maybe higher on the N3DS, but doubting it. If anything, the N3DS will be getting either higher res textures (more RAM to support it), or it'll just have the C-Nub to adjust the camera like in WW and it'll switch/multitask faster.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It'll probably be whatever FPS Ocarina of Time was, maybe higher on the N3DS, but doubting it. If anything, the N3DS will be getting either higher res textures (more RAM to support it), or it'll just have the C-Nub to adjust the camera like in WW and it'll switch/multitask faster.

but there is cpp support to adjust the camera

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question as well if anybody knows the answer..
I read somewhere that you can now only save with owl statues and using the song of time to reset everything no longer saves the game...
anyone know if this is true?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's true, playing the song of time will no longer save the game in MM3D. Don't know why they removed it. But I heard they added so called feather statues throughout Termina, that work like owl statues.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparantly OOT 3D ran at about 30fps ( with occasional dips), and the original on 64 ran at around 20fps. Iwould expect MM 3D to run the same as OOT 3D. I do not expect major differences between playing on the New 3DS and the regular, especially not higher res textures as someone mentioned. I think the extra ram is used to be able to open the improved internet browser/Miiverse while the game is suspended. This is already impossible with both Smash bros, and the new Monster Hunter 4 demo on regular 3DS.

Eventually I think we might get games with bigger differences.. but to be honest I think they wil either turn into NEW 3DS exclusives like Xenoblade, or maybe 2 versions of the same game. I just hope the next Pokemon will have a stable framerate in 3D, and preferrably the entire game will have it enabled. Nintendo just doesn't seem like the kind of publisher to cut corners and release games/versions inferior to others.

Keep in mind everything is speculation until we test it though.

The more interesting question is: What has changed from the original?
I read somewhere about the addition of 2 Fishing ponds. And the new version seems use a more saturated color palette.
But what about new game modes? Majora's Mask MasterQuest or Hero mode? One can only hope. . .

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It has been confirmed by various early reviewers that MM runs at smoothly 60 fps, and even the developers aded a nice "lighting" effect to the graphics, something similar to A Link Between Worlds.

NotAnAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been confirmed by various early reviewers that MM runs at smoothly 60 fps, and even the developers aded a nice "lighting" effect to the graphics, something similar to A Link Between Worlds.

Source?

It's almost definitely going to run at 30fps just like Ocarina of TIme 3ds.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source?

It's almost definitely going to run at 30fps just like Ocarina of TIme 3ds.

This. I highly doubt the 3DS is able to run it at a full 60FPS, while maintaining the graphics. The 3DS is much weaker than most cell phones these days... I really think most people overestimate just how powerful the 3DS is. It really isn't all that strong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: