[Q] Two questions about MM3D

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by iwasaperson, Jan 18, 2015.

1. iwasaperson
    OP

iwasaperson Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2013
    United States
    1. Will MM3D be 60 FPS?

2. If it is, will it just be 60 FPS on the New 3DS or will it also be on the old ones?

2. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    It'll probably be whatever FPS Ocarina of Time was, maybe higher on the N3DS, but doubting it. If anything, the N3DS will be getting either higher res textures (more RAM to support it), or it'll just have the C-Nub to adjust the camera like in WW and it'll switch/multitask faster.

3. Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid

Dec 17, 2014
    My bedroom

but there is cpp support to adjust the camera

4. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I have a question as well if anybody knows the answer..
    I read somewhere that you can now only save with owl statues and using the song of time to reset everything no longer saves the game...
    anyone know if this is true?

5. LinkFan16

LinkFan16 I link them all

Mar 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    It's true, playing the song of time will no longer save the game in MM3D. Don't know why they removed it. But I heard they added so called feather statues throughout Termina, that work like owl statues.

6. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Possibly they have an instant-save feature given that it's a handheld game.

7. MidLevelCrisis

MidLevelCrisis GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Apparantly OOT 3D ran at about 30fps ( with occasional dips), and the original on 64 ran at around 20fps. Iwould expect MM 3D to run the same as OOT 3D. I do not expect major differences between playing on the New 3DS and the regular, especially not higher res textures as someone mentioned. I think the extra ram is used to be able to open the improved internet browser/Miiverse while the game is suspended. This is already impossible with both Smash bros, and the new Monster Hunter 4 demo on regular 3DS.

Eventually I think we might get games with bigger differences.. but to be honest I think they wil either turn into NEW 3DS exclusives like Xenoblade, or maybe 2 versions of the same game. I just hope the next Pokemon will have a stable framerate in 3D, and preferrably the entire game will have it enabled. Nintendo just doesn't seem like the kind of publisher to cut corners and release games/versions inferior to others.

Keep in mind everything is speculation until we test it though.

The more interesting question is: What has changed from the original?
    I read somewhere about the addition of 2 Fishing ponds. And the new version seems use a more saturated color palette.
    But what about new game modes? Majora's Mask MasterQuest or Hero mode? One can only hope. . .

8. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    It has been confirmed by various early reviewers that MM runs at smoothly 60 fps, and even the developers aded a nice "lighting" effect to the graphics, something similar to A Link Between Worlds.

9. NotAnAlias

NotAnAlias Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014
    United States
    Source?

It's almost definitely going to run at 30fps just like Ocarina of TIme 3ds.

10. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    This. I highly doubt the 3DS is able to run it at a full 60FPS, while maintaining the graphics. The 3DS is much weaker than most cell phones these days... I really think most people overestimate just how powerful the 3DS is. It really isn't all that strong.

11. chairsgotoschool

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States
    I watched a 60fps youtube video of it, it looked like 60fps to me.