[Q] Transfer VC save file to PC

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BroadCoast, Mar 8, 2016.

1. BroadCoast
    OP

BroadCoast Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. After searching a lot of information on the internet I thought this forum section is the best place for my question.

I've bought Pokemon RBY for the VC on the 3DS, and I want to transfer the save file to my PC so I can do some trading with myself (because u can't trade over the internet). I've read a lot about hacking and homebrew but I'm also a bit confused. I'm not sure what I have to do so I can transfer the save file from 3ds to pc and back.

Unfortunately, my 3DS is on 10.6.0-31E (wasn't planning of doing things like this on my 3DS).

What do I have to do so I can transfer the VC save file? Is something like homebrew really necessary or is there a more simple solution for what I want to do?

Thanks for the response.

2. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    1. Buy Cubic Ninja or Zelda OoT
    2. Install Ninjhax / OoThax for 10.6.0-31E
    3. Boot HBL with Ninjhax / OoThax
    4. Run SVDT homebrew on HBL
    5. Backup Save with SVDT
    6. Restore the backup save to your second 3DS (if you don't have one, buy it or give up)
    7. Self transfer

If your second 3DS is 9.2 or less, you can install pirated Pokemon RBY & install SaveDataFiler to restore save.
    If your second 3DS is 9.3-10.6, you have to buy legit Pokemon RBY & use SVDT to restore save.

Last edited by MelonGx, Mar 12, 2016
  3. BroadCoast
    OP

BroadCoast Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thank you for your response!

Well, I guess I have to give up then. I don't own a second 3DS (altho I'm going to buy the New 3DS XL), but then I rather buy R or B again and don't have to buy Cubic Ninja or Zelda and take the risk of bricking the DS.

4. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    ...what?
    This is homebrew. You can't brick a 3DS with homebrew.

5. BroadCoast
    OP

BroadCoast Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah like I said, I'm a bit confused after reading a lot of info about how to. Good to know homebrew doesn't brick the DS.

Anyway, all I want is to complete the pokedex first time in my life, but I can't get acces to my savefile. Having to buy a second DS (which I will one day, because I want the New 3DS XL) ánd Zelda will be more expensive then buying RB or Y again.