Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Guys i need a little help. I'm trying make my own banner and icon, but i'm experiencing some issues.

Please Note that i'm running Python script directly, because py -2 said py is not recognised as... ecc..

So, i successfully used Python script, but it got banner.bnr and icon.icn as output. Readme says me to put them in resource folder of 3DS Template, but i noticed that banner and icons files inside resources are .bin file, not .bnr or .icn! Anyway, i tryed to build it to test it on my 3ds, and it didn't worked. It shows 3DS Template's default banner, not mine! What do i have to do to get it to work?

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
You can just rename them to .bin
You're right!

Thank you!

But i'm sill having a problem. Now it uses the new banner, but it uses the Banner Maker default's one! I tried to use icon 24x24, icon 48x48 and banner python scripts and then to execute the main script, but it didn't worked!
Also AppData.txt changes didn't have any effect, since it's showing the old details! (publisher ecc)

EDIT: It seems that PIL doesn't work... I installed it, but it says module not found...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
make sure the appdata.txt is edited before running the main build script, that's probably the cause of both your issues, unless you change the uniqueID it will use the icon cache for the icons and proram names

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
make sure the appdata.txt is edited before running the main build script, that's probably the cause of both your issues, unless you change the uniqueID it will use the icon cache for the icons and proram names

I successfully installed PIL, now icon.icn is building fine. Banner.bnr gives me this error:

Code:
C:\devkitPro\Projects\3DS\3DSBannerMaker\cbmd_bannerImage>banner.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\devkitPro\Projects\3DS\3DSBannerMaker\cbmd_bannerImage\banner.py", li
ne 42, in <module>
    a=dump[x][3]>>4
IndexError: tuple index out of range

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get that with images saved from Photoshop, if I copy & paste the image into a different app, and save it, then it works. Guessing it's to do with the extra data Photoshop saves in the file. If that's not what it is for your image then I don't know.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
I get that with images saved from Photoshop, if I copy & paste the image into a different app, and save it, then it works. Guessing it's to do with the extra data Photoshop saves in the file. If that's not what it is for your image then I don't know.

It worked, thank you!

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Soon your birthday?