Puzzle Quest 2 Cancelled For PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Jul 21, 2011.

Jul 21, 2011
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    From PSN-only to the void, Puzzle Quest 2 for PSP has met with the ultimate skull chain combo. Steve Fawkner, CEO and president of Infinite Interactive, confirms on his Facebook account that the PSP version has been canceled.

"After Firemint's acquisition of Infinite, and EA's acquisition of Firemint, so many people have moved around, that I find myself without enough manpower to finish it," Fawkner writes. "I would also like to point out that it was nothing to do with EA and/or Firemint that it has been cancelled - they have been excellent in giving me enough time and freedom to get it done... this is just a very unfortunate logistical problem where key people are no longer available to work on it."

Fawkner claims there was "ONE sound bug remaining to be fixed, and it would have been good to go." He won't give up hope entirely, but admits that finishing the project is "unlikely to happen." So, um, anyone with working knowledge of PSP development want to help a brother out?[/p]

Source

So the game's been cancelled due to EA moving staff around- even though he doesn't admit it himself, that seems to be the root cause. It wasn't something I was going to buy anyway so I'm not too bothered but any game cancellation hurts the developers.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I was pretty sure this was dead as I haven't heard any news about it for months.

Such a shame though, the PSP version of the original Puzzle Quest was by far my favorite version of the game. I was waiting to really get into Puzzle Quest when a PSP version came, but I guess that's never gonna happen.

Hopefully we'll get a Vita version or something.

3. hunter291

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I was a bit shocked about game name + canceled xD Never heard of this game, but I thought another 3ds game got canceled xD

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I don't recall Puzzle Quest 2 on the DS being so well received to begin with, certainly not compared to the original.

A shame but they probably realised there's no market for it at this point, a less well received title and being ported to the less successful of the two competing handhelds was probably destined for cancellation.

5. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    aww i was waiting for this one to come out.. no news is bad news in some cases i guess [​IMG]

6. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Lol cancelled. 2011 is the year of cancellations.