Put iPhone into DFU Mode Without Power Button

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by SilentGhost, Dec 16, 2011.

Dec 16, 2011
  1. SilentGhost
    OP

Newcomer SilentGhost Member

United States
    Would anyone know how to put an iPhone into DFU mode without the power button? My power button broke just recently, and I am unable to to use it at all. I've tried the method where you swap the AppleLogo file with the LLB file in the ISPW and then restore for a DFU loop, all I get is errors such as 3194, 3014, and 11. I've also changed my host file to cydia's server and tried using TinyUmbrella's TSS server and getting the SHSH blobs, but still no luck. Also tried the method where you download the DFU file and put it in C:\DFU\ and run the file from "Run" and it does absolutely nothing but open cmd and tell me "s_Looking for iPhone. USBMuxListenerCreate: No error". I'm running the most current version of iTunes, on Windows 7. My iPhone is on iOS 5.0.1, MC model 8GB. I would really like to jailbreak my iPhone so I can get SBSettings for the ability to lock the screen through power options. Any help possible is appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    That is what the proccess is supposed to do, after the error, you can use redsn0w (if you don't need an unlock) or sn0wbreeze (windows)/opwnagetool (mac)
    to jailbreak.

3. yusuo

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    from the look of things you;ve done the only known methods and thats not working for you, by the looks of things you, cant.

However what you could do is try and get the phone replaced at the apple store, i done that with mine by saying the mic cuts out now and again, they gave me a brand new 32gb iphone 4 there and then

4. SilentGhost
    OP

Newcomer SilentGhost Member

United States
    I didn't order it from apple.com, I got mine from AT&T and they won't replace mine, I've also gone to the apple store to get it fixed, but since the screen is cracked, they wouldn't attempt to take it off cause they were afraid they would destroy the screen.

I never actually got into the loop, it just stops the restore process when iTunes tries to verify with the apple server(cydia's server).

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I may be being quite ignorant here, but what is the use of an iPhone without a working power button? Is there some other way to turn it on?

6. yusuo

United Kingdom
    If it breaks while the iphones still on and you never let it run out of power theres no problem

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Ah OK. That could be inconvenient :P but I guess it's better than buying a new one.

8. yusuo

United Kingdom
    I see a possible scenario of your out with your iphone listening to music your 15 minutes from home and suddenly your phone pops up saying 7% battery remaining, then its a matter of adrenalin kicking in and you have to get to a charger before your phone runs out of battery or lose the £400 communication device you hold in your hands forever.

Luckily with iphones when you go into music stores or electronic stores they have those speakers that you plug your iphone into and you can try out, thats what i do when im nearly out of battery, pop into best buy and give me phone a 10 minute charge lol