Put "hidden" titles to menu

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kubas_inko, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Ok, so the title might not be the best, but don't know how to say it. So, is there any way, how I can put hidden titles (personally SD management) on menu (so I don't have to go to setting -> data management -> microSD managment)?
    Thanks for help :)

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Those options would have to be reworked (or whatever needs to be done) so that they can be installed via FBI. For microSD management, find the .cia for it on that iso site. It should still be there (to my knowledge). I'm not sure how they managed to make it work.

Just know that after exiting the microSD management cia, it will crash to the exception error screen. That's normal.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jun 28, 2017
  3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    its in apachethunders thread on that iso site in the homebrew section i believe.

4. crazy_p

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    BTW do you know a way to prevent the Console from rebooting after you finished a Session?
    Or is this normal on LUMA 8? The only way i found was to switch to Luma 7 Legacy Build.. Or is there another way?? thx

5. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Are you using cia or via settings? Becuase for me it does not restart, but now, I installed cia and it just give luma error

6. crazy_p

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    i have the CIA version.. After the Session Luma forces me to shut down and restart.. Before LUMA 8 i only got an Error message.. Thats why i switched to the Legacy Build

7. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    For me it just gives error (push any button to shutdown) when using cia

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I don't think there's a way you can, because microSD management isn't supposed to be able to be launched from outside of System Settings, and it's only supposed to reboot you to system settings.

9. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    you can launch it from fbi and it won't crash after closing it, so there have to be possibility

10. crazy_p

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    Same here black screen then Reboot, before there was only a Error Message and i could continue normal..

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Hmm, I wonder what launching it from FBI did to make it not crash after closing it.

12. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    After installing the cia, it was like new app (it was something different than in the menu) maybe that is the problem

13. crazy_p

crazy_p Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    I think the problem is that Luma 8 handles the Reboot patches in another way than in earlier version so the CIA Version of SD Management must be updatet to match the way Luma 8 handles it

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    I think it's luma crash handling stuff interfering with any crash on the system, while on the older versions the error could just be closed and you could carry on, luma now tries to catch the crash and dump error logs or something then resets the console.........so yeah unless that changes I think any ungraceful app closes will result in a total hard reset of the system

PS for those wondering the "hidden" option, is just a flag in the apps icon file that forces the system to hide its icon from the home screen, to change it you need to repack the app and change the icon flag

Last edited by gamesquest1, Jun 28, 2017
    crazy_p likes this.
  15. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    but when I run the "preinstalled" sd manager via fbi, it closes ok. When I run the cia installed sd manager via fbi, it crashes. So the problem can be, that they are different apps