1. Nikokaro

OP Nikokaro Mycenaean hideous survivor(s)

Italy
    It has been for several days now, that "Push notifications" have not worked, and I can't understand why, since they have always worked.

1) In this site, under "Browsing Preferences/Push Notifications" I have the word "error" on a gray background;

2) I am using Chrome for Android;

3) Notifications for this site are enabled in the browser settings, as always;

4) JavaScript is enabled as usual.

5) The site alerts (numbers in the red circle on the bell) work normally.

6) if I click the padlock to the left of the site address, notifications are allowed, but if I select "site settings" strangely the browser crashes and I have to close it.

7) I can't/don't want to clear cache/cookies.

My guess is that it happened after an automatic update of chrome or android system.
    Or maybe because I turned off my smartphone instead of put it on standby, as I usually do.
    Has the same thing happened to anyone else?

It's certainly not a question of life or death, but it was fun to receive, when I was at my office, the irruption of the world of amusement, imagination and creativity in the cold, prosaic and sad environment of duty/work.

If anyone could give me informations or suggestions I would be grateful.

I hope I have posted in the right place.

Greetings.

2. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

We have disabled the notification addon as part of a campaign to debug a recurring issue crashing the site every day several times a day.

So far, it seems that disabling this addon is improving things.

Regardless, it's currently "normal" that you aren't receiving notifications. Sorry!

Nikokaro and shaunj66 like this.
  3. Nikokaro

OP Nikokaro Mycenaean hideous survivor(s)

Italy
    I understand. Thank you for your prompt reply and for taking the time to answer me.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Notifications, suddenly, anymore