Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
He gets around £2 a week pocket money and will earn 50p for helping me wash the cars or do the gardening. If he wants he can earn around £15 a month. The up side of this is if he wants an ice-cream or anything else while we are out he uses his money. He also gets a bit of money from relatives for birthdays and other occasions and will receive monetary rewards from us for going up levels or receiving awards at school, swimming or karate. He has become quite savvy and managed to save about £40 over a 3 month period for a spark scooter.

Edit: I put in the other tenner for the scooter. Seemed right after he had saved that much.

Boy, your little guy may be more financially-afloat than me! Talk about an economist!
laugh.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vulpes Abnocto said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
When I was six and I was short on cash, I helped out around my neighborhood, I was an odd 6 year.

What are you talking about? You're still odd!
tongue.gif

Kidding.

Sidenote:
486959078_4cbd8982ae.jpg

@Mantis41
blink.gif
I stand corrected.
(As a kid, I'd blow all my money on candy.)
HEY! I am not odd! I am insane, there's a difference
dry.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote you summon the power of the almighty BAN HAMMER and teach this kid a lesson.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Poor Acekard
cry.gif

i think you should ban the ds for a few days

but also,maybe limit playtime for a few days after he gets it back.

As for the DSONEi. wait for the DSTWO in my opinion. you should give him your old Acekard with the saves since he is already used to it.

here is a easy way to tell him about the data. MAGIC
nyanya.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Alternately, if you do decide to buy him a new flashcart, order it from a store with really slow shipping. Make him think that even if you do replace the things he breaks he'll still have to wait a few weeks to get them (that's like, forever to a 6 year old).

Hell, that's like forever to me!

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of buying him an Acekard, you could wait and buy yourself a 3DS.
tongue.gif

By the way is your MicroSD totaled to?

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Logistically all the options hold some form of merit...

The only thing I can really say is that you should have him buy a new one, and withhold the saves permanently, or till a point when he is close to where he used to be, then be like "Hey look what I found, an old backup!"

I agree with some malice only because it teaches children the way others think and act.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan don't edit my god damn posts jesus dog fucking christ, I offer a legit response but noooooooooooooooooo some anon. mod feels the need to manipulate my post, NOW IT'S BETTERFIED I guess, thanks for setting me straight ! ! ! ! ! ! Boy howdy, I'm glad this thread is un-destroyed thanks to ANONY MOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKS DUDE

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
naglaro00 said:
Let him play with DS but with no flashcart
After a week, let him play with R4
Two weeks after, let him play with Acekard
i don't know if a kid would care if you give him a r4 instead of an acekard, think just let him wait for the acekard by buying from some slow site
tongue.gif

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smack the kid, and then give him the AK2i. I am sure he will learn his lesson. Kids will be kids to make him wait and save up would take forever!

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice everyone. Well... Most of you anyway.

My son came up to me tonight, he had emptied his moneybox, he gave me the money which was just over £9.50 and apologised for breaking his DS. He asked if I could order him a new card so he could play Pokemon again. I gave in and let him have my new card with his games restored.

He was pretty funny he comes up to me and says "Dad! I've got a deal for you. If I'm being an idiot or not listening then you can take the new card off me and give me the rubbish card back until I learn to behave again."

He still owes me £10 though. I'm not giving in on that one.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He's 6 years old and he can already get money to buy a flashcart?
wtf.gif

I suggest you tell him not to do it anymore, don't give him the DS for two weeks, then after those 2 weeks give it back, but only if he promises he won't do it again and if he does it again, he won't ever be allowed to play it anymore. (That doesn't have to be true, but the kid will believe it and be afraid
tpi.gif
)

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the last reply, disregard what I said then. If he emptied his moneybox and if he was really feeling sorry for what had happened, I'd forgive him. Unless if he does it again, I'd really ban the DS from him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭