• Total voters

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Give him an R4. Old games. Delete saves and make start all the games over. No Cheats. Wait two weeks and then buy an Acekard from a HK based site like Shoptemp. Don't order expedited shipping or even a shipping number. Leave him the black. Once it arrives tell him its defective and make him wait two more days. Finally restore the data to a MicroSD and give him the damn Acekard he's anxious for.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete all the dog's save files!
mad.gif

...wait...what was the question?

Back on topic: Sounds like you found a pretty reasonable solution.
grog.gif

okay back off topic for a moment:
I imagine the dog saying "You called it a chip! Chips taste good! What do you want from me!?!"

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
He's 6 years old and he can already get money to buy a flashcart?
wtf.gif

My son is 7 and asked me to take him into town this weekend, because he's worked out he has enough in his piggy bank to buy a DSi XL. No mention of paying for the gas or parking...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
hunnymonster said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
He's 6 years old and he can already get money to buy a flashcart?
wtf.gif

My son is 7 and asked me to take him into town this weekend, because he's worked out he has enough in his piggy bank to buy a DSi XL. No mention of paying for the gas or parking...

You know Childlabor is a crime? (héhé)
Ok, back in my days i worked to, i had to, in the garden, but i didn't get payed for it
tongue.gif

My parents found it just natural that kids help in the household as soon as the could
(Garden, Dishes, etc...)

But, yeah it's nice the get rewards for helping out, it's nice the have to do something to gain something and the get to know the value of what they buy!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All you can really do is #1. Parents these days don't appear to have much control over their children, hence this is why that happened. My brother is doing alright with his kid but he exhibits the qualities of one that would be totally out of control and obnoxious if the parents let him run wild and free. My cousin, on the other hand, has no control over her own son and he runs wild and does a bunch of annoying things to piss off people just because it shows him attention and he doesn't generally get punished for anything. That spoils a kid. But oh well I'm glad I don't have any of my own so I don't have to deal with that nonsense
smile.gif
Just limit the kid's use of the console I guess. Kick the dog? no the dog doesn't know any better than a 2 1/2 year old kid so it isn't the dog's fault. Get the dog a chew toy, there's no sense at all in punishing the dog. It seems that is what he needs if he's chewing up plastic. Also the other two look like rewards for doing something you told him not to do. And those two go along the lines of bad parenting imho which is basically what my cousin would do.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Besides the second option the others are not much of a punishment, are they?

You've said it often enough, now he has to live with a R4 (actually not even that bad with wood R4, so I'd go with the old original firmware as punishment). The other option would be to buy a new Acekard and gift it for christmas.

Oh and no restoring of the saves!! (At five I owned floppy disks and also had to live with it if they got lost, so I kept good care)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs