Hacking punch out skips tutorial

oxman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got punch out loads ok but when i try to play the tutorial the sound skips and then stops and goes back to the menu anyone else having probs.

mynoud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The tutorial isn't working with gamma and 3.3U Wii. Could it be because the game is missing some IOS files that we didn't installed because we skip the update from the disc with gamma ?

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works fine for me 4.0 wii with wiikey1.9s burned to TY premium DVD-R at max speed I just ran the update on the disc

tutorials and matches work fine

Midnight Raver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, same problem with me, though on the fourth attempt it went a second longer on the intro to the tutorial...Tested on Gamma and Softchip R77.

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain this is an issue with read speed. Streaming video on the Wii (i.e. Punchout's tutorials or WarioWare's cutscenes) tends to run choppy on most burned media. Punchout's way of handling this is to exit the video.

Try running it from a USB loader instead.

silentdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stuck the backup on a usb maxtor portable drive 250 gb and now it works great and its much faster.
Also SSBB works better on my usb portable drive and does not crash like it did with my dvd disc.I used usb loader by the way and i think i will continue to play all my games this way.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone figure out the problem with why some versions skip the tutorial? Hey Gsaz, did you install the updates from the disc? Or did you just play as is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work