Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
totaltopic.forumotions.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm trying to build a comprohensive list of public domain romsites but only know:
pdroms
gbadev

Any other sites with links and hosting of homebrew games? I know this is allowed here because they're not illegal or such unlike most romsites :)

thanks!
(Doing this for temp and my board)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't really know the difference
When a copyrighted work (art, audio, game, movie, etc.) don't have any more copyright linked to it, it becomes "public domain". Everybody can use it without asking permission first.
For example, Beethoven or Mozart musics are public domain, everybody can play it in the street or at a concert without paying rights.

Public Domain is different in each country.
An USA artist can assign his work as public domain, and never apply any copyright on it, freeing his work for every body to enjoy it.
Other countries can't release something as public domain, it only "fall" to the public domain between 50 to 70 years (depends on countries) after the death of the artist.

A game will be "free" (as no more copyright, not as $) 70 years after developer's death, unless the developer is American and specifically put his game in Public Domain.

Reactions: TheKawaiiPug

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a copyrighted work (art, audio, game, movie, etc.) don't have any more copyright linked to it, it becomes "public domain". Everybody can use it.
For example, Beethoven or Mozart musics are public domain, everybody can play it in the street or convert without paying rights.

An USA artist can assign his work as public domain, and never apply any copyright on it, freeing his work for every body to enjoy it.
Other countries can't release something as public domain, it only "fall" to the public domain between 50 to 70 years (depends on countries) after the death of the artist.

A game ROM will be "free" (as no more copyright, not as $) 70 years after developer's death, unless the developer is American and specifically put his game in Public Domain.
Thank you, please don't ban me :(

TheKawaiiPug

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
totaltopic.forumotions.co.uk
XP
Country
When a copyrighted work (art, audio, game, movie, etc.) don't have any more copyright linked to it, it becomes "public domain". Everybody can use it.
For example, Beethoven or Mozart musics are public domain, everybody can play it in the street or at a concert without paying rights.

A game will be "free" (as no more copyright, not as $) 70 years after developer's death, unless the developer is American and specifically put his game in Public Domain.
I don't think anyone could improve on this. We need more than just Like on GBATemp!
Also hope somebody can state about PSP homebrew since it's a thing I'll be into soon.

If there isn't a PSP counterpart to a board like GBADev I will make one actually :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on