PS1/2 PSX/PS1 Backups

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you burn games to whatever it was originally in...What I mean is, some PS2 games are in CD-R, although only a very small number, and you would burn those in CD-R

For PS1 tho, I'm pretty sure all games are in CD-R, so just burn in CD-R, speeds don't really matter, burn at max speed if you want

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
justinefremlouw said:
For PS1 tho, I'm pretty sure all games are in CD-R, so just burn in CD-R, speeds don't really matter, burn at max speed if you want

They ARE ALL CDR! ....The PS1 laser is incapable of reading DVDR disks!

burn speeds vary depending on media some can be hit and miss when burnt fast speeds on cheap/poor media the FMV or cut scenes on PS1 games are sometimes choppy when using poor medias!

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Going to play ps1 games in a ps2 console, if that matters as far as speed.
I read mixed reviews about speed, some say it will burn better at a lower speed?
I`m using Verbatim(?) discs, not a cheap no name.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, verbatim is a joker, because there's many companies that does it. Best is ofc the one from Taiyo, but honestly, it should be okay to burn at max speed for PS1 games. If you are that worried though, burning at 8x or 4x like PS2 games won't hurt or anything, aside from time that is...

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Or alternatively you could just get yourself a Wii and use the WiiSX emulator
biggrin.gif

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a compatibility list here, which is pretty bloody good for a first Beta. There's no GUI yet but they did say that they'd work on WiiSX after releasing the latest version of Wii64 so hopefully we'll see some improvements early next year.

They update their website EmulateMii reasonably often so it's worth checking it for news every now and then
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1