Aiwarass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hello,

I recently bought psv slim on eBay. Visual everything looks fine and in a good state.

The issue is that battery is almost empty and if you plug usb to charge (from electricity outlet with phone charger, laptop usb or power bank (already tried different usb cables)) it’s not charging at all while psv itself on.

If you turn off the psv then it charges for about 10 minutes (always the same time) and then you can use the console for some time. If you try charge longer, orange light does not show up. If you unplug and plug again the usb it shows for about 50sec and turns off (the orange light). And it’s always the same time. Old owner told me that he tried to replace batteries, but I am thinking to do this also.

I dissembled unit and find nothing unusual inside, everything looks intact without any trash or visual damage.

PSV version is 3.65

It’s really strange that charging time is the same every time.

I tried to reset factory settings and also unplugged the battery for some time to perform physical reset.

Charger port itself looks intact and in a good state on outside and motherboard side (visually) .

Maybe some overheating or voltage security measures stops charge?

Could anyone suggest what else I can try to fix this?

Thank you very much :)

Aiwarass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hi,
no, I tried few different cables I have for my phone. I tried chargers with 2a and 1a power. From pc usb and power bank. The previous owner mentioned that a while ago everything was working on nonoriginal charger he had. I planning to borrow an official charger and test it asap. Any other ideas what could be done?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
no, I tried few different cables I have for my phone. I tried chargers with 2a and 1a power. From pc usb and power bank. The previous owner mentioned that a while ago everything was working on nonoriginal charger he had. I planning to borrow an official charger and test it asap. Any other ideas what could be done?

Well Amp here isn't the problem, if you supplied more than 5v to the unit, it might damage it, vita wants 1.5A not 1A or 2A, normally USB port via computer would charge it but very slowly.

Aiwarass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Tried an official charger.

Same, you can see orange light for some time and it disappears. I am not sure if a battery charging at all. Maybe something wrong with the motherboard itself?

Would be interesting to check resistors with a multimeter, but I have no idea what discrepancies should look like. Also, just in case I cleaned motherboard. Any other ideas what to check?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool