ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So when i open it and when i click Open aavedata.bin it opens a a file and says open like your opening a file and when i try to open it it says

savedata.bin
File not found.
Check the file name and try again

But i dont know what to do after that says that so please help me. :(
That's weird, I thought I changed this message in the latest releases. Anyway, this means that PSSE thinks the file you tried to open is not a valid "savedata.Bin" file from Pokemon shuffle.

will,you can get banned by others way,like somehow changing the remaining moves to get extra score (GW).
That's not something you can do with PSSE since it requires real-time modifications. Besides, Nintendo only cares about the completion levels scores and even if you edit these with PSSE your fake high score won't be uploaded to their servers so they'll never know.

If you don't do things like getting 999 jewels they won't.
You can't get 999 jewels, the game doesn't reach such high values. Hacking as many diamonds as you can used to give you a strange amount of 63 diamonds which reset to 150 once they reach 0 the first time, but I haven't tried that in a while and PSSE won't allow you to do it anyway.

reddit123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file structure didn't change in 1.4. The Unpacker only names the files that it knows of from the earliest versions of the game, so check these. If you open a numbered fil with an Hex Editor such as HxD, you'll see their name in plain text at the beginnning of the file. messagePokedex_US.bin is in the message_US folder, while the other two are from the Configuration Tables folder.

I did not get my hands on version 1.4.3 yet, I will extract it as soon as I can spend more than 10 minutes at my desk. :D

Ya, I tried opening the numbered files in a Hex Editor but none of them were the files I was looking for. The Unpacker only extracts "messageEventStage_US.bin" and "1" when extracting Message_US. When extracting Configuration Tables, I get "pokemonGet.bin" and "pokemonSet.bin" instead of Level and Ability and none of the numbered files are those.

Oakmontowls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a dumbed down version of this, namely maxing out all resources, be possible as a home brew app or as a .cia app and or ntr plug in? I know there is a ntr plug in that makes all the micro transactions free but that doesn't help with things like level boosters or mega speed ups.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Would a dumbed down version of this, namely maxing out all resources, be possible as a home brew app or as a .cia app and or ntr plug in? I know there is a ntr plug in that makes all the micro transactions free but that doesn't help with things like level boosters or mega speed ups.
Link to that NTR plugin?

DarkraiPGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i think i found a way to do it but in still kinda stuck. so i open the Open savedata.bin and i searched through my downloads and found the files for the program. But when i try to open the it says Couldn't open your file, it wasn't detected as a proper Pokemon Shuffle savefile so i don't really know what to do here so please help

\ (•◡•) /

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@supercarotte
I don't get it.. I took another run at the resource files for the first time after 1.4 was released. Not only is it outdated with info that might be confusing, but it seems like it might be requiring different files now.

Why am I saying this? Because these files don't even exist anymore (Yes, opened the non-renamed ones via hex to check):
MegaStone.bin
pokemonAbility.bin
pokemonLevel.bin

The other 5 files are there..

Can you please let us know what to do?

Edit:
A couple of bugs

- Now PSSE is completely not working if you give it an RML to a pokemon that is not yet RML-able in PSSE. It crashes the whole program when you try to save

- (Example, Glaile and Winking Glaile) .. Even though we have Glaile a long time ago, and we have caught winking Glaile, PSSE doesn't give you the megastone automatically (which it should, same pokemon), and therefore, the maximum speedups bulk change wont work. You have to manually select the pokemon and enable it's megastone. There are several megas with the same issue

Last edited by Madridi,

Otakyon

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm also getting an error when I'm opening the save using latest release.

My error is like this: "7 isn't a correct value for "Value". Value need to be between Minimum and maximum.

Any tips?

Reactions: jonfox_sv

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm also getting an error when I'm opening the save using latest release.

My error is like this: "7 isn't a correct value for "Value". Value need to be between Minimum and maximum.

Any tips?
I'm guessing you gave speedups or RMLs to Pokemon that newly accept a higher threshold. Our save are no longer editable until @supercarotte decides to do something about it :(

Reactions: Otakyon

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Well, this wasn't easy, and I discovered there was a problem with last week's extdata files. The latest extdata fixes it.
So my contribution to everyone:
https://github.com/Madridi7/PSSE/releases/tag/v1.4.7

Use it at your own risk. Consider this temporary until @supercarotte has time to take over again. I don't get the code. I just was able to update the files to the latest data with some trial and error

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that the reason why the "7 isn't a correct value for "Value" error message is coming up is because of Abomasnow.

If you gave it anything to update it's stats (Such as Mega Speedups) past it's maximum that was set before the update patch's we got in the past couple of weeks, the PSSE Program will always give that error message as Abomasnow is the first Pokémon that appears in the "Owned Pokémon" section.

I have this Game on two different 3DS's, so I'll test your version on my secondary 3DS just in case there's an issue so I don't mess up my Play Data on my primary 3DS.

If it works fine, I'll let you know, though I'm mostly just going to use it to increase my Items.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I found that the reason why the "7 isn't a correct value for "Value" error message is coming up is because of Abomasnow.

If you gave it anything to update it's stats (Such as Mega Speedups) past it's maximum that was set before the update patch's we got in the past couple of weeks, the PSSE Program will always give that error message as Abomasnow is the first Pokémon that appears in the "Owned Pokémon" section.

I have this Game on two different 3DS's, so I'll test your version on my secondary 3DS just in case there's an issue so I don't mess up my Play Data on my primary 3DS.

If it works fine, I'll let you know, though I'm mostly just going to use it to increase my Items.
I don't think that's the only issue. Even when you don't get that msg, you would get an error when you try to save if you had increased the stats of pokemon that newly accept higher threshold.

Anyway, hope my updated one works fine for you. No reason it shouldn't from what I can see

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response. I had an emergency at work I had to take care of.

I probably should have clarified my previous statement. I mostly use this program to max out my items like jewels, coins, stat changers, etc. I kept getting that error message upon opening the program because I had upped the stats of Abomasnow before using it.

Normally, even if your Pokémon are at stat levels that are beyond what is recognized by the current version of program, you can still alter things in the "Bulk Edits" option no problem so long as those unrecognized stat changes aren't assigned to Pokémon that appear either in the "Owned Pokémon" section or the "Current Team" section.

But, because Abomasnow always appears first in the "Owned Pokémon" Section as that section is in alphabetical order and the Version I was running didn't recognize that it's new "Mega Speedup" Level could go up to 7, it's why I kept getting the error message.

I know that there's more that needs tweaking, but I don't want to try to change anything and risk screwing up my save data if the Version I was running wasn't recognizing some of the newer changes I had already made prior to loading the save.

That said, I'm testing the new Version you made right now to see what happens and I'll let know shortly how things turn out. ;)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Sorry for the late response. I had an emergency at work I had to take care of.

I probably should have clarified my previous statement. I mostly use this program to max out my items like jewels, coins, stat changers, etc. I kept getting that error message upon opening the program because I had upped the stats of Abomasnow before using it.

Normally, even if your Pokémon are at stat levels that are beyond what is recognized by the current version of program, you can still alter things in the "Bulk Edits" option no problem so long as those unrecognized stat changes aren't assigned to Pokémon that appear either in the "Owned Pokémon" section or the "Current Team" section.

But, because Abomasnow always appears first in the "Owned Pokémon" Section as that section is in alphabetical order and the Version I was running didn't recognize that it's new "Mega Speedup" Level could go up to 7, it's why I kept getting the error message.

I know that there's more that needs tweaking, but I don't want to try to change anything and risk screwing up my save data if the Version I was running wasn't recognizing some of the newer changes I had already made prior to loading the save.

That said, I'm testing the new Version you made right now to see what happens and I'll let know shortly how things turn out. ;)
I actually got what you meant :)
The problem though is that when you go back and change everything with bulk edit, it will revert the changes to what's acceptable by the program.
So for example, if Pokemon X can get to level 15 with the latest update and you did feed him the RML to do so, going to bulk edit and using the max lvl all Pokemon option will result in it reverting back to 10.

What you saw with abomasnow is correct, what I'm saying another problemwould've happened if he was at the correct level. Then changing only the numbers of items you have would have resulted in an error when trying to save the file. Using bulk edits basically reverts that, which is why you are able to save

Anyway, I didn't touch the code. I only updated it to support the latest data, so there shouldn't be a problem. But a warning is always necessary with these things :)

Edit: re-reading the post I realize I'm rambling. It's late, but I hope you understood what I was saying anyway :P

Last edited by Madridi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth