PSRAM Error, But Same Address?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by SamusKnight2K, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008
  1. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Forgive The Way I Type, Home Net's Down And Posting Via Phone. Lately I Always Get The Error A Few Hours After Fixing It But When It Returns It's Always The SAME Address (003dc24)! I Plan To Exchange It But Any Idea Why The Same Address Each Time? Thanks.

2. AeroHex

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
    if your a pull things apart type person open it up and put paper on the front of the chip or short the PSRAM how to:http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?tid=3655&extra=page%3D1

or you could contact the site you bought it form and ask for a working one i hear deal extreme dose

so sorry that this has happened to you
    i hope you don't turn against super cards there such a good card to me

3. SamusKnight2K
    OP

United States
    Okay, I'm at a friend's right now so I can reply properly. I've tried both the paper trick AND shorting the battery, in fact that's what I meant by fixing it several times. Yet within a few hours it immediately comes back and it's always at the same address I get the error. In cases of the PSRAM error I've read they usually have a tendency to be every 24 hrs after shorting the battery and is a different address each time. In my case it's always been the same address and seems to come and go at random but usually stays. So I wanted to know if this sort of thing was common or if it could be fixed.

I got my flashcart from Leetmod.com which offers a 90-day replacement warranty on defective items. Yet if I can get it fixed permanently I'd rather do that then sending it back, waiting a week or two, and then risking the chance the replacement will have the PSRAM error as well. When I get the chance I'm buying a CycloDS to replace this card. I like the levels of customization and only went for the SCDS1 because of the price but now I'm wishing I had gone with the Cyclo instead. Real-time saving is nice, so is the multi-saver. However I'm the only one that uses my DS so the mutli-saver's kinda pointless and the CycloDS offers RTS too. Ah well... Once I exchange the cart and test it to ensure it's not faulty I know a guy that wants to buy one. But until then I'm glad I kept my R4 so I can still play my backups for now.

4. AeroHex

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
  5. juntok_abot

Member juntok_abot GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    open the cart and replace the battery

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Just to say, I've had good results by using index card paper. I just opened it up, gave the battery a fresh short, and put the paper in. Seems to work well as I've gone about a month without an error.

Sorry, this topic was a tad old and I didn't see. Not TOO old though.

7. SamusKnight2K
    OP

United States
    Late reply here I know, my internet was down and I just got it back. Anyway I contacted Leetmod, got a replacement, and now have my new card. Had it for a day and a half so far and no PSRAM errors. As for the last one I tried all the recommended options (Other than the foil one.) with utter failure. Strangely enough as I said in the first post it was always the SAME address I got the error, never was it a different one. But looking at a different topic here regarding fake Supercards now floating around I'm starting to suspect mine could have been a fake. When I look at this one there's some things I don't quite recall from the last.

For starters, the little groove on the right side of the card (When you look at it from the front.) I don't think was present on my old one. Also on the back of the legit Supercards there's a little plastic indentation directly above the screw, I think that wasn't there either. But considering the frequent PSRAM errors I was getting and the fact games would randomly hang too makes me even more suspect that it could have been a fake. Well anyway... I'm just keeping this card and buying a CycloDS later... Supercard's nice but I had to go thru too much trouble to get one and then return it for a new one. And if my replacement DOES turn out to be a defective one I don't want to have to repeat the process again, and quite possibly, yet again...

8. juntok_abot

Member juntok_abot GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    but, you've not yet tried the battery replacement in scds-1..hehe