Gaming PSPlexiglass - PSP Hardware Development Board

alien_x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey GBATEMP, I thought I would join to show you all my PSP Modification.

I dissassembled a PSP, Screwed down the Motherboard, wifi board and a Hacked Up LCD Cage onto an A3 sheet of plexi. Then I proceeded to piggyback the following control points:
DPAD
Power Switch
Hold Switch
X circle, Triangle, Square
Wifi Switch
MSPD
Serial Port
Backlight
Analog Stick
LCD
Triggers
USB
And I think There were some other Things, That I cannot remember at the moment.

Anyway Onto the Pictures:

The PSP LCD Using a Custom PCB and FPCS:

LCD.jpg

LCD3.jpg

The Main Board:

SS851775.jpg

SS851774.jpg

SS851773.jpg

SS851772.jpg

SS851765.jpg

SS851760.jpg

Now, Why is there no umd drive? How is it controlled I hear you say?

Well The main controlling is done via a Modified PS2 controller, that Plugs in VIA the DSUB 25 pin connector, but also due to the boards plug and play nature, I could make an array of tactile switches to control it if the need arises. And for the UMD Drive, I could implement it if It becomes completely necessary, but at the moment I am happy playing games from my memory stick.

I spent alot of time on this project, and literally Blood sweat and Tears, So please tell me what you think.

This will be for sale in the near future as I need the funds for my new cnc machine build.

Alien OUT

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see more people of the electrical engineering persuasion on the 'temp.
I have to ask though why breadboard or is it intended to be rewired?

re cnc machines:
There are still plenty of dot matrix printers out there and the controller/motor assemblies are some of the best around for making a CNC machine.

alien_x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Underpressure, and Fast6191:
Thank you about the dot matrix printer tip, But I can get nema 23's quite cheap so 's all good.
The Breadboard part was so that I Could plug and play the different control points without having to whip out my soldering iron each time.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen anything like this before. Though..with all of it splayed out like that, I would imagine it hanging on a wall somewhere. It doesn't seem very portable, obviously. =P

Would it be possible to output the picture to a bigger display? Preferably without the hi-def cables you have to buy? Like...actually swapping out the screen for something bigger? You have this entire assembly, and then..oh, tiny screen.

One day your PSP will gain sentience and demand to know "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!"

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, very nice. Not sure what those are (and I'll go ahead and continue my ignorance for now) but I would like to see the finished product. It'd be pretty neat tech-art or something.

And honestly, who says games aren't art? Or at least, the hardware used to make it work. =P

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh and there was me thinking I had Achieved something great by replacing a smashed PSP LCD screen recently without breaking it more!! lol
smile.gif

now all you need to do is fit it in a suitcase and its TOTALLY PORTABLE!!
nyanya.gif
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.