Hacking PSPHDC Announcement - The First PSP Homebrew Developer Conference!

TheMrIron2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
(original post written by Iridescent from reddit)

genius_mooment.png

The First PSP Homebrew Developer conference will be held on March 28th, at 4PM EST (8PM GMT)! This conference will feature over a dozen presentations from 8 PSP developers, and we are waiting on 3 more people to confirm presentations. The majority of developers from the PSP Homebrew Discord Server (https://discordapp.com/invite/bePrj9W) will be on call for this event and separate livestreams will be mirrored to YouTube!

Each presentation may last from 5-15 minutes and will feature various current and future projects with the progress and updates, alongside technical discussion and discussion of the future of the PSP Homebrew Community! Be sure to mark your calendars, and tune in for the several hours of the event! The streams will be recorded and a VOD will be posted to various YouTube channels. Viewers of both the streams and participants in the discord server will be allowed to ask questions and get instant, direct feedback from developers!

YouTube Video for the Announcement:

The PSPHDC Scheduled Stream (set a reminder!):

Last edited by TheMrIron2,

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nah, I'd think the PS Vita is better. It can do pretty much everything a PSP can and way more. :P
It is true, the PSP is great even today. And it is really surprising how much power some developers get out of that little old device.

Reactions: Tarmfot

TheMrIron2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nah, I'd think the PS Vita is better. It can do pretty much everything a PSP can and way more. :P
It is true, the PSP is great even today. And it is really surprising how much power some developers get out of that little old device.
I would agree if the PSP Go didn't exist! The extra convenience and portability means a lot to me for a portable device. But yes, I totally understand why many prefer the Vita, especially compared to the standard PSP models.
Does the PSP still have an active homebrew community? I thought people would have moved on by now.
Yes! I started the discord server in summer of 2018 and it now has over 1,600 members. Right now a Minecraft remake, a brand new game engine, a remake of FNAF, a remake of Spelunky, three or four first person shooters and a chat client are under active development. A remake of Slender was recently completed, and work is ready to get underway for the port of the latest DeSmuME to PSP.
It's not quite where it was in its prime, I reckon, but this is the strongest the scene has been in years - surely the biggest it's been in a very long time. It's a good time to be in the scene. :)

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
this is a good initiative for the psp community.
project celeste was my best one for me a new internet browser with modern-day tools i know it's just a dream right now but im so happy just to see that there is hope... besides all the projects looks so interesting and im so hype to see more (fingers crossed all the projects get releases in the future)

Last edited by jijisama,

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wish I could've watched that day, but I finally did it and I must say that's very impressive, there are some very ambicious projects and I hope that they can be done, that should be some great steps for the PSP, I'll be here watching everything. I had a question but I forgot it half the conference, I'll ask if I remeber it sometime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade