PSP Upcoming Games #2

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by prowler, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2010

PSP Upcoming Games #2 by prowler at 3:27 PM (3,259 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Since I just got a PSP again, I thought I might as well make another PSP Upcoming Games thread!

In case you didn't know, dates are set as MM/DD and all games are USA release dates.

ModNation Racers - 05/25 Note - The EUR release has already been released and dumped
    ModNation Racers is a thoroughly fresh take on classic kart racing that empowers the player to personalize their entire game. Players can express themselves by creating their own Mod character, styling their own racing kart and even building - in just minutes. The easy-to-use editing studio tools make this creative process accessible to players of all levels. Not feeling creative? ModNation Racers presents a humorous story with a wealth of pre-made characters, karts, tracks and challenges for all players.[/p]
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Hexyz Force - 05/25
    Hexyz Force for PlayStation Portable is a traditional RPG taking place in the world of Berge. This world has two sides to it, one light and one dark. Accordingly, the player will be able to choose between two different protagonists at the game's beginning. In the light scenario, the protagonist is a shrine maiden by the name of Cecilia, whereas the dark part's hero is a knight called Leevan. Depending on this choice, the setting, story and characters will change fundamentally.[/p]

Disgaea Infinite - 06/08

Disgaea Infinite takes the lovable characters and game world of the legendary Disgaea series and throws them into a fresh new "visual novel" game style, offering a thrilling mystery to solve, clues to hunt, and a suspect to track down. You are given full control over the story, including the ability to travel back and forth in time and choosing how characters will act, making for an exciting new experience in the Disgaea universe![/p]

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 06/08
    (& Collections Edition and PSP Entertainment pack)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker marks the return of the world-renowned stealth-action series. Hand-crafted by series creator Hideo Kojima, the all-new sequel delivers an original game design, story, and scenario as it picks up where Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for the PlayStation 2 leaves off. [/p]

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - 07/06

Terrible creatures lurk in the dark, preying on those who wander into the hidden hour between one day and the next. As a member of a secret school club, you must wield your inner power--Persona--and protect humanity from impending doom. Will you live to see the light of day?[/p]

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - 09/07

The game is a prequel to the original Kingdom Hearts, taking place ten years before, and features many previously unseen characters and unexplained plot elements from the series. The game centers on the journeys of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, characters briefly featured in Kingdom Hearts II, in their quest to locate the missing Master Xehanort. The game also utilizes an overhauled battle system different from previous games in the series with new elements such as the Command Board, Command System and Dimension Links added in.[/p]

These are just some of the 'major' releases (I think). To check all releases go here

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well that's a whole lot of meh there for me. Played Modnation PSP, bored me. Metal Gear demo didn't do anything to make me want to play another 3D MGS game so skip that I guess.

When it comes down to it the only upcoming PSP games I'm interested in are:
    Next God of War, whatever that is called.
    Resident Evil Portable, if its still coming and not getting a Wii/3DS version.

That is it...two games. Hopefully they'll be something for the PSP at E3 but I don't see anything else coming that I'll be interested in. The sort of games I chose the PSP for aren't coming anymore, some of the minis look decent enough but that's it.

3. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    MMmm KH:BBS and SMT:P3P mean I will lose my social life this summer.
    Hexyz Force seems cool too, Shrine Maiden

4. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    On that list, the only games I'm looking forward to is MGS, Hexyz Force (pictures look good) and SMT:P3P.

I might download Disgaea Infinite if I get bored.

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I'm looking forward to Hexyz Force -- in fact, I have a lot of hope for it. The PSP has been a breeding ground for shitty RPG after shitty RPG. Beyond The Legend of Heroes series in the beginning (and really, they're not all THAT great), and the FF Anniversary series, there aren't many decent traditional PSP RPGs.

6. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Isn't this... Some kind of Monster Hunter graphic ripoff?
    The cat looks like the one from Monster Hunter, and the Dragon looks like the Rathalos from Monster Hunter.
    Or is this just a prank? [​IMG]

7. Jolan

Bulgaria
    It's a secret mission in MGS:PW, and yes, you DO fight monsters from MH there.

8. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    lolwat?
    Now this I've gotta see. [​IMG]

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Yeah, that's fucking epic! [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to Hexyz Force and Persona. Hexyz looks nice and I've always been a fan of Persona [​IMG]

10. Rebellion

Member Rebellion Advanced Member

Canada
    You fight Rathalos and Tigrex.

11. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    And you can fight one of the Metal Gears in a MH styled mission.

12. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    I'm looking forward to MGS, KH, and Disgaea. I have never really played a disgaea game(unless you count Prinny:CIRBTH?). The graphics for MGS:PW look amazing [​IMG]

13. benbop1992

Member benbop1992 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i will most defininitely get disgaea

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I was really thinking about starting a PSP Games of the Month thing but honestly there's not enough releases. So thanks Prowler for doing this instead.

I'm downloading ModNation Racers, it looks pretty good considering the PSP has like no kart racers. Nothing else really interests me outside of Peace Walker (which I'm still torn about) and maybe Birth By Sleep (provided it plays like the first game, which was good enough).

15. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    i am going for all of them except modracers

16. Jolan

Bulgaria
    I wonder, when is the Prinny:CIRBTH? sequel coming out translated?

17. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    Disgaea, YES.

Hexys Force, YES.

P3P, VERY YES!

BBS... mebbe.

MetalGear... erm.... mebbe...?

XD;; Metal Gear isn't my cup of tea... I still prefer my JRPGs to anything...

18. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Whoo some games to play on my PSP.

Looking forward to P3P, KH:BBS, and Hexys Forces. Possibly even Disgaea.

19. grape_garden

Newcomer grape_garden Advanced Member

United States
    Even though it hasn't been confirmed for a U.S. released yet, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is definitely one to watch out for, even if it's a ways off.

20. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This list overlooks many games, and also skips minis entirely, which seem to arrive unannounced and with little promotion. Despite that, there have been a few that are as enjoyable as any major release. At the very least, most of them seem to offer as much entertainment value as most DS games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.