Gaming PSP to TV?

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Does anyone know if I can cast my PSP screen to my TV [regular flat 36" screen. many input ports on side]? I wanna see If I can do better on the games when it's on a bigger screen.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just use PPSSPP, I remember there was a project with a kind of switchdock for PSVita, but I doubt there is some kind of equivalent for PSP, also the resolution would be shit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the display box on the psp to tv is rather small though, so it's not worth using. there was fusa sd to make it display on the whole screen, but I don't know if it works on the latest firmwares. I think the reason for not doing full screen by sony was stability like fps for example. I don't remember if it was noticeably lower with fusa sd.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best solution is to emulate using ppsspp, that software is great and once you go 3x/4x resolution you wont want to go back, specially since you elude to playing worse cause you cant see. PPSSPP is on switch, xbox series x, pc etc.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember many, many years ago, the Lenkeng LKV8000 was the greatest upscaler for the PSP.

I kept hoping the day would come when they would suddenly become dirt-cheap, but that never happened and they seem to have disappeared now.

Maybe there's another more common scaler now that has the same functionality?

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a dock for the PSPgo but it was crazy expensive, it was only for charging IIRC though.

I have /use the standard TV to PSPgo cords and each time, I keep wishing that Nintendo would take a lesson and make the switch connection this easy, so as not to need Genki gadgets to make that happen. Although, the Genki Covert Dock/charger is much better IMO than what comes with the console traditionally. One last thing, sorry for going off-topic, I just saw this yesterday, that there's another company that makes a knock-off of the Genki Covert Dock, and sells it at $50. USD (Amazon) Which is what I paid for mine (actual Genki C.D.) on sale last Xmas.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.