psp slim vs orginal for modding

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by godsakes, Nov 14, 2008.

Nov 14, 2008
  1. godsakes
    OP

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    is there any benefit in using a modded PSP slim over the orginal?

Does the extra memory make a significant difference to certain emulators/homebrew programs? (i'm hoping to mainly use mame or a CPS2 on it)

finally is there any easy way to stream divx vids to the PSP? hoping to use it in bed

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Please use the search function next time. This is one of those questions that have been answered over and over, and can be easily answered using a simple google search.

The only difference is the Slim is obviously "slimmer", can use Skype, has TV Out function, and can run some homebrew that the Phat can't. I honestly don't think the extra RAM makes any difference in any emulators. I think it's only used by Skype.

As far as I know, there's no way to stream videos. You can put them in your PSP and ply them, but I really doubt you can stream DivX. You can always use PSPTube, which let's you view streaming YouTube, Veoh, DailyMotion, etc etc.

3. FSSimon

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't own a PSP. But, if the psp internet browser supports flash, you might want to look at "wiideo center". Do a google on it. It was made for wii but works on any flash-enabled browser.