Gaming psp slim question

• Thread starter ball2012003
  • Start date
  • Views 9,410
  • Replies 52
B

ball2012003

is it worth it for me to get a psp slim. i have a regular one but it is sort of messed up in some ways. so is it worth itor should i just stick to my regular psp

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions. One is what is going on with your current PSP. Another would be how badly whatever issue you are having, how much it is bothering you. PSP Slim is good, but I wouldn't upgrade just to upgrade. Unless there is a good deal. Also keep in mind a new PSP is being released shortly.

B

ball2012003

the problem is i got scratches on my screen that are noticeable even in game play also my wlan swith does not work anymore so i cant do anything wireless and its dents on one of the sides when i accidently dropped it those are all my problems

B

ball2012003

i heard that some of the psp slims cant be modded or something like thats why im wondering if i should get one or not

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some newer PSP slims with TA-88 v3 motherboards (if I recall) cannot be modded yet, same goes for the PSP 3000.

Sounds like most of issues you have are cosmetics besides the WLAN switch. You can replace the face plate if you can/want to. Not sure about the WLAN switch. Even the screen can be replaced.

I've both the slim and phat PSP. The phat one is so much heavier though.

You can always buy a used slim/phat PSP from Gamestop or ebay.

B

ball2012003

so basically i should just go to gamestop and buy a used slim over there so i wont have to worry about getting that unhackable firmware

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
g4med4d said:
Some newer PSP slims with TA-88 v3 motherboards (if I recall) cannot be modded yet, same goes for the PSP 3000.

What would my chances of getting one of the PSP slims with TA-88 v3 motherboards if I ordered new off of Newegg?

Edit: Sorry ball2012003 for the slight thread high-jack, figured it would be better then making a new thread.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:
g4med4d said:

What would my chances of getting one of the PSP slims with TA-88 v3 motherboards if I ordered new off of Newegg?

Edit: Sorry ball2012003 for the slight thread high-jack, figured it would be better then making a new thread.

Not sure if anyone can say for sure if the motherboard is a TA-88 v3 checking it physically. I would like to know if that's possible too.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The only way is to check the model number - if it's on the box - Two weeks ago I bought another PSP and made sure it was the same model as the one I had.

PSP-2003 PB - On the side

The box is from 2007 - if you can find the same - your garanteed it will be moddable.

On a side note: you can't pandorize the battery with this model

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
The only way is to check the model number - if it's on the box - Two weeks ago I bought another PSP and made sure it was the same model as the one I had.

PSP-2003 PB - On the side

The box is from 2007 - if you can find the same - your garanteed it will be moddable.

On a side note: you can't pandorize the battery with this model

Can you use a PSP MAX Power TOOL SLIM to do what needs to be done?

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Still questioning if I should buy off newegg in case I get one that can not be modded. But my options are limited.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just checked newegg and saw some model numbers - did a little research

The model #98510 is for the PSP-2001 PB as you can see in the topic title here
http://www.psp-vault.com/module-pnForum-vi...612-start-0.psp

I am assuming that is older than the ones I have, with firmware 3.80 -- so by all accounts this model should be pandorizable.

I suppose as last resort you can email newegg and find out which model PSP the black one is.

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright thank you much Fission
smile.gif

B

ball2012003

so what you guys are saying is that you should get a slim with the model number 98510 or it wont be moddable

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I read, I believe the...

#98510 (PSP-2001 (USA) Piano Black))
#98891 (PSP-2001 (USA) Ice Silver (Daxter Pack)))
&
#????? (PSP-2003 (UK) Piano Black))

can be modded

My advice is to go for the older models.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought a Daxter pack, and it was moddable. I LOVE the slim over the phat, it feels and looks so good in comparison. Some of the ones to be wary of are the blue madden psp's, but even those alot of people have said they are moddable. But if you get the Daxter pack or one of the older packs, I would say you are almost guaranteed to get a moddable one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/hyundai-pauses-x-ads-nazi-content-platform-rcna148414