PSP Slim Component Out...

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Rydian, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    So my grandparents got a new HD TV and I wanted to see if I could get proper video-out from my PSP to the TV.
    PSP Slim (TA-085) with 5.50 GEN-D3 (Prome-4) using official Sony Component video cables.

Upon trying to run Cave Story and Burnout Dominator, no signal...

So I got the FUSA plugin from here (FuSa SD v1.0.50b).
    http://foosa.do.am/load/

Activated it and I can play Burnout Dominator, but it's a bit slow (depending on what's on-screen), and has a graphical glitch or two (the lens flare is green and the colors look a bit washed out).
    I can play Cave Story with it as well, but it's slow in-game, and the graphics are garbled (probably from crappy upscaling).

When playing these games the TV reports it's in 480i mode.

How do I turn off the upscaling? I assume that's the main issue.

I do not have composit cables.

2. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Silly question, but did you adjust the "Connected Display Settings" on the PSP? You shouldn't need to use FUSA with a component cable on an HDTV.

edit...
    I guess I skipped the very last line assuming you had the component cable. The slowdown and color wash is from FUSA. You won't get a "perfect picture" without component cables and even then any psp games will only fill up a portion of the screen.

3. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Sorry, I am using component cables.

Okay, I checked those settings and it works just fine. ^^; Whoops. Man, games ran better than I thought they would, though I wish I could fullscreen stuff.

Thanks. ^^

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Does that HDTV perhaps have a zoom function? Maybe that way you can cut off the borders[at the cost of picture quality, of course..].

5. kiafazool

kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 21, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    i agree with rydian

it should've been full screen
    sony failed

6. antwill

antwill Better Than You

Dec 24, 2006
    Australia
    Because I'm sure Sony should have known everyone wanted to see incredibly pixelated images that are so hard to even recognise...