Gaming PSP Phat

mark.m.moran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi lads,
I am just after digging my fatty PSP out of the wardrobe and have charged it and turned it on. Now its been a LONG time since I did anything with it to be honest but I do know its running 3.51 M33 as the software version.

Anyone know what the current version is and what is my best way to get to this? I used to know loads about the PSP hacking scene but have been so out of touch with it for so long I have forgotten it all
wacko.gif

I have had a look at the tutorial's here but none of them mention going from 3.51 M33 to the newest version.

Cheers,
M

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i think they implemented the autoupdater at 3.8, so you cant do that. were you the one that hacked your psp? if so im hoping you have a magic memory stick laying around?

idunno, there may be a fancier method to do this, but i would get the firmware files on my MMS, and update in a similar fashion to how i hacked it in the first place.

the current firmwares are 500m33-6 and 5.03GEN-B (i think, i havent used GEN)

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will have to download it no network upgrade - but when you have got 3.50 or higher you can just upgrade to 5.00 m33 without doing anything in between

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The highest version of GEN is 5.50 GEN-B2. You would have to install GEN-A first (copy the installer along with a 5.50 firmware file (renamed 550.PBP) in the folder into PSP\GAME and then run the update), then B (similar way to A, but no 550.PBP file), and then B2 (same way as B). It's worth it for now, but the ratrace is on - OFW 6.00 has been released. It's only a matter of time before a 6.00 CFW is created.

RyuDraconis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue as the originator of this Post and unfortunately I was not the one who activated the hack or installed the custom firmware onto my Psp Phat, but short of having to take all the time to ask someone else to do it, (could take days or even weeks, as a friend of my friend modded it for me and it takes awhile for him to contact said friend) and am completely in the dark about updating firmware, which guides would anyone recommend?

mark.m.moran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx guys. Would anyone have step by step guide as I don't want to mess it up. Thanks as well for taking the time to run through this for me.

Cheers,
M

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mark.m.moran said:
Thanx guys. Would anyone have step by step guide as I don't want to mess it up. Thanks as well for taking the time to run through this for me.

Cheers,
M

I can help you. It is great place for you. I had step by step guide from this link and works great! They are VERY VERY friendly people. I love them very much. They dont care about anywhere and any languages. They help people right away.
smile.gif

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133/tutor...higher-t226892/

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, here's what you do, download Hellcat's recovery flasher 1.60. Put it on your memory stick. Boot up HellCat and choose to install m33, you now have 5.00 m33-6
smile.gif
Top that with DAX's 1.50 addon and you're set

RyuDraconis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the Hellcat flasher safely update my firmware to 5.50 Gen B? (and do I need to update to Gen A first?) and does the 1.50 kernel addon need to be installeed for the Gen A and B? I apologize for the questions but I want to make sure I do this right.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, HellCat will not install Gen firmware as far as I know. If you do decide to get Gen, you will need to update to Gen A before updating to Gen B. 1.50 kernel addon is for homebrew compatibility for m33 firmware. As far as I'm concerned though, 5.00 m33-6 works perfect, I don't see a reason to get Gen, not to mentioned Gen has some issues with some homebrew compatibility.

RyuDraconis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I wanted to get Gen cause atm I can't play my copy of Disgaea 2 and I cant afford another Psp atm
frown.gif
Not sure when a custom firmware 6 will be released either. I know, its silly, but, atm it doesnt seem like I have any alternative at least not from what my searching has turned up. So, should I upgrade to 5.55 Gen B 2?

*EDIT* CRUD just saw Gen doesnt cover 5.55, sorry I guess I screwed up. thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back